Knowledgeable golf cart mechanic

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Default Knowledgeable golf cart mechanic

I bought a used 2008 Par Car golf cart. Noticed it slowed down drastically on any slight grade and extremely slower on an uphill grade. Replaced the batteries, thinking that may be the problem, with no improvement. Sent the cart to Columbia Par Car for service and they did $800 of repairs, but stated that " the cart is set to run at 20 mph." So now I have a cart that may or may not run at 20 mph, I question the speed since it seems that all carts end up passing me on the cart paths, and it will barely climb up out of an underpass or climb the slight grade in front of Cane Garden. Looking for a recommendation of an independent, honest, knowledgeable golf cart mechanic who might be able to diagnose what's happening and fix the problem.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Eternal Member

I don't think your going to get a better answer no mater who you go to.
A battery cart set for 20 Mph is going to slow down on upgrades as much as two to three MPH.
I would however do a battery drawdown test perhaps to possibly find a week battery in the pack of eight, that also will show up on going on upgrades for speed loss.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, grade, golf, climb, problem, knowledgeable, mph, run, mechanic, slight, par, car, end, fix, diagnose, passing, carts, happening, speed, question, honest, independent, recommendation, garden, cane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.