Leaving an electric golf cart unused

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Gold member

Default Leaving an electric golf cart unused

We have owned older golf carts (ParCar and EZGO) for ten years; left them unused for up to six months on a batteryMinder; and used them on our return to TV with no problems.

We now have a 5-year old ParCar. Prior to leaving TV at the end of March we had the motor serviced. We returned mid-July and the cart wouldn't run. ParCar said the brushes had "gone bad" due to lack of use and we'd need to have the motor serviced again.

I assume that the motor is somehow different from the ones we are used to, but how regularly should we have someone drive it to keep the brushes in good condition, and for how far should they drive it each time?

Thank you

Old 07-28-2019, 04:36 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
We have owned older golf carts (ParCar and EZGO) for ten years; left them unused for up to six months on a batteryMinder; and used them on our return to TV with no problems.

We now have a 5-year old ParCar. Prior to leaving TV at the end of March we had the motor serviced. We returned mid-July and the cart wouldn't run. ParCar said the brushes had "gone bad" due to lack of use and we'd need to have the motor serviced again.

I assume that the motor is somehow different from the ones we are used to, but how regularly should we have someone drive it to keep the brushes in good condition, and for how far should they drive it each time?

Thank you
I see this problem in the Par Car more than any other carts. What happens is the brushes swell up in the holder. Typically you do not need new brushes they just need to be pulled out and filed down. Also clean the brush holder at the same time. To keep the brushes in good condition. I would try to drive the cart every 2 weeks for a good distance. Also another recommendation would be to have your cart serviced when you come back.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2019, 05:19 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I see this problem in the Par Car more than any other carts. What happens is the brushes swell up in the holder. Typically you do not need new brushes they just need to be pulled out and filed down. Also clean the brush holder at the same time. To keep the brushes in good condition. I would try to drive the cart every 2 weeks for a good distance. Also another recommendation would be to have your cart serviced when you come back.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:30 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Tags
parcar, motor, drive, brushes, leaving