Need Help with Gas Club Car Stopping Running

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Default Need Help with Gas Club Car Stopping Running

I have a 2009 gas Club Car Precedent. It has recently exhibited an intermittent problem where it starts and runs fine when cold but after about 15 minutes of running, it stops. When I press the gas pedal, the starter motor turns over the engine but the engine will not run on its own. After sitting and cooling for a couple of hours, the cart will run again.

I have disconnected the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb, connected a short hose and filled the hose with fuel but this does not solve the problem. It would appear the carb float bowl is getting fuel but still will not run.

I took the spark plug boot off the plug, connected a new plug, grounded the plug to the side of the engine, and pressed the gas pedal. The spark plug sparks for about 1/2 second but then stops sparking.

This led me to think it is a spark problem so I replaced the ignition coil. This is a horrible job and whoever designed the bolts on the fan shroud to be so terribly difficult to access should be ashamed. Anyway, I replaced the ignition coil but this did not cure the problem.

I put a bag of ice water on the voltage regulator and let this sit for a few minutes but this did not cure the problem.

Any advice on what could be causing this problem? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish
Closed Thread

Tags
problem, plug, gas, fuel, run

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.