Need info

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Default Need info

Frank, can we get some background on how long you have been working on golf cars? How you got your start? what golf cars you have worked on?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Sage

bump

Bill
Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 PM

Bump bump
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 PM

I think the Admin posted that Frank was under the weather and would be out for a few days.

George
Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Frank, glad to see your back hope all is well , still looking to find out where you got all your golf cart training and for how long.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member
Default Back???

Yes I am on my back forced to be in bed after last week's surgery. Just now with the help of my laptop I am able to answer some questions, thanks for asking.

In my many life experiences I have had the pleasure of teaching automotive classes on wheel alignment, body frame, brakes & general repairs for two MFG of automotive equipment BEAR MFG CO & AMMCO TOOLS & EQUIPMENT for 22 years. I have had sponsored race cars and had my share of building custom cars. Couple that with my electrical & electronic training it has made our business here of 5 years a natural with golf carts.

We run our shop just like a full size car dealership featuring sales, service, frame & body repair, gas & electric annual cart maintenance, parts & accessory sales. We have serviced most model carts made & built our share of custom carts like 57 Chevy's, 65 Mustangs, Roadsters & Jeeps. I am glad you are interested in who I am, I look forward to meeting you some day.

Frank Re.
The Village of Caroline
Old 08-14-2011, 04:45 PM

How bout your mechanics in the shop, how much experience do they have with GOLF CARTS, are any of them trained? Im doing lots of research on golf cart shops and am finding most, like yourself, just get into the business because there are so many golf carts here in the area and have no experience with golf carts. Im hoping that some of your mechanics have some formal training in golf cart repair. Perhaps I can stop by yourshop someday and you can give me the dime tour. Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Eternal Member
Default Visit

Please come for a tour and meet the men and me. Please call and make sure I am back in.

FR
Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 AM

I'm sensing not a lot of golf cart training here, 5 years if owning a golf cart business does not make one an expert, as the title of this forum implies. Just because you have worked on cars does not make one able to work on golf cars or visa versa. Sorry for the hard questions, but would you consider yourself an expert on golf car repair?
One company in the villages advertises 14 years in business and from what I have seen and heard I would not let them work on a kids wagon.
I think it is important to those reading this site to know that the individual answering the question is truly qualified to do so.
Sorry to say I'm not seeing it here.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Eternal Member
Default Fruits

Hi Bruster,
I don't mind the questions, but please let the forum judge me by my fruits and not just opinions.

We have 1,800 satisfied customers in our database and work very hard to serve our community with knowledge, fairness & good service. Again judge us by our fruits.

Sincerely,
Frank
Old 08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Sage
Default I do not even know Frank....BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I'm sensing not a lot of golf cart training here, 5 years if owning a golf cart business does not make one an expert, as the title of this forum implies. Just because you have worked on cars does not make one able to work on golf cars or visa versa. Sorry for the hard questions, but would you consider yourself an expert on golf car repair?

Sorry to say I'm not seeing it here.
If I could be Frank (Oh come on it had to be said)....

I am not even close to drawing that conclusion based on facts presented. As it stands right now, I for one am very appreciative of having Frank taking the time to answer questions and provide input on this site.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
If I could be Frank (Oh come on it had to be said)....

I am not even close to drawing that conclusion based on facts presented. As it stands right now, I for one am very appreciative of having Frank taking the time to answer questions and provide input on this site.
'frankly speaking'........if alan thinks his input is good then thats good enough for me because he is our resident expert on battery driven carts !
Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
'frankly speaking'........if alan thinks his input is good then thats good enough for me because he is our resident expert on battery driven carts !
Easy does it there, although very nice, I know for a fact the conclusion you have jumped to in your post is overstated....

One of the reasons I look forward to having Frank or others with experience on this site is so when a DIY person like myself shares ideas a person with much more experience can straighten me out. It is a great way to learn.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Administrator

I've vetted Frank and Sta Rite Golf Carts. It's a FREE service he is offering here for everyone. It is optional if you post your question in the Ask An Expert A Golf Cart Question forum.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 AM

Hello Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions about golf carts.

I have a 2008 club car with 4 12V batteries which were just replaced for the first time. The charger runs longer with the new batteries then it did before after the same usage. Do you think this is normal and why?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.