Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
Hello Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions about golf carts.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
I agree!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member
Default New batteries

It is not unusual for new batteries to go through a break-in period with a charger working very hard to balance all 24 cells. The system should correct itself in less than 10 charge cycles. If not, you could have a problem with the charge computer in the cart.

FR
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default maximum number of charges?

Frank,
I just bought a used parcar with 8x6v batteries (new batteries). The guy that i bought it from told me that putting the cart on charge every night was inadviseable because unless the batteries were nearly fully discharged, the "unnecessary" charging would cause my batteries to reach their full number of "limited" charging cycles too soon. Is this good advice?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage
Default Should start new threads with new questions....(JMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Frank,
I just bought a used parcar with 8x6v batteries (new batteries). The guy that i bought it from told me that putting the cart of charge every night was inadviseable because unless the batteries were nearly fully discharged, the "unnecessary" charging would cause my batteries to reach their full number of "limited" charging cycles too soon. Is this good advice?
That previous owner is not correct and hopefully did not hurt youir pack. It is not good for deep cycle batteries to stay in a discharged state. It is really not good for batteries to be too deeply discharged. You could make a case that using the cart to drive 2 minutes does not need to be charged, but anything more than 10 - 15 minutes of pedal time deserves a charge.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Eternal Member
Default Par-car

A charge of the batteries is not considered a cycle, therefore when your day is done you should charge and bring the system to a full charge.

A cycle consists of a battery at full charge being drained to full discharge and most good batteries have 550 - 600 life cycles.

Example - we use our cart for one hour, that is worth about 30% of one cycle.

Our automobile starts charging as soon as the car is started and continues until it is turned off. There is less stress on a golf cart system when we start each day at full charge.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.