New tires and now scrapping sound

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Question New tires and now scrapping sound

I just bought new tires and rims from Sam's to replace the ones on my cart. Same size tires and rims - once I changed them out now I have a "scrapping" sound that is pulsing and speeds up and slows down when the carts does. I looked at the inside and outside of the rims but do not see anything scratching them. As a side note, the front rim nuts were extremely tight to get off. Like someone had put them on with an air ratchet. I really had to bear down to get them to break. The rear were normally tight. Any suggestions?
Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Eternal Member

I will make some assumptions, by saying that you purchased 8 " tires and rims.
Most likely your springs are mildly scraping your new rim that does not match your old rim design.
Please call tomorrow and ask for Frank and we can discuss it further.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, your assumptions are correct: 8" tire and rims. I will double check and see as I do know that the front leaf springs are real close to the inside of the front tire rims. I'll have to check it with someone sitting in the cart.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Eternal Member

Not all 8" rims are comparable with our carts and the tolerance is to close when we have a
Spring bushing needing replacement.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 AM

Frank7 you are, naturally, correct. When it stopped raining enough I pulled the rear wheel and noticed that the inside, top portion, edge of the rim was barely scrapping the brake hub - it was not even damaging the hub and after a couple of turns around the block it cleared up - I rechecked and the hub is fine - wheel is fine - guess my ole '85 Club has a good reason to be little out off -

Thanks for the reply and assistance
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.