Question regarding parking my golf cart properly

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Location: Way out in the country in north central FL. We have 40 cleared acres for me to drive on!
Question Question regarding parking my golf cart properly

I know this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but I am a golf cart newbie.

I have a Yamaha and I read the manual, but it didn't cover this.

When I park my cart, and I turn the key OFF, do I need to put the selector to the neutral position or is it ok to leave it in forward?

And also, should I need to move the cart, without turning it on, if I should have to push it somewhere that is, do I put it in neutral? Or if I'm pushing it backwards, would I put the selector to the reverse? Or if pushing it forward, do I put it in the forward position? Of just put it in between, in what would be the neutral spot?

I warned you these were dumb questions, hahaha. But I just don't want to do anything wrong. This is my first golf cart and I spent a lot of money to get it. I hope I should never find myself in a position where I have to push it!

Thanks again for the help.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member

We as a service and repair shop always stop the cart, set the locking brake, turn the key off and you should be set from there.

Good questions and especially when in regard to safety
Closed Thread

Tags
put, cart, neutral, position, forward

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.