State of Charge Meters

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Veteran member
Default State of Charge Meters

My 2013 Electric EZ-Go RXV. It has the optional 6X8 volt batteries.

I've been riding around, in part to get a sense of how far the cart will *really* go on a charge (versus the PR on range). I've noticed that the state of charge goes down in a very non-linear fashion. What I mean is that the meter goes down a bar after about 1/2 mile. Then down the next bar after 1 1/2 to 2 miles(cumulative). Then down again after around 7 or 8 miles(cumulative). Down again after 15 or 16 miles (cumulative). Is this normal? Are the meters non-linear or is there something that I'm missing about how the batteries discharge.

Thanks for enlightening me.

David
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Eternal Member
Default Digital Meters

We have experienced many faulty readings with digital meters. When we build our remand carts we always use 48 volt analog meters. They show the level of charge and also give a instant reading of the draw upon acceleration.
When your batteries are weak from use the needle will dive to discharge and give you a real reading for you to decide the remainder of your trip you have left. You will also watch the charger at its peek.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm gradually lengthening my trips to see how the charge drops off (and hopefully be able to see what my real range is).
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Eternal Member

We are looking forward to using the new Trojan Ranger batteries in the same cart with six 8's , they are claiming 35 % more range. We are looking for 55 miles with the AC system
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.