Streetrod vs Yesteryear

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Default Streetrod vs Yesteryear

My wife has set her sights on one of these buggies...my question is which is the better cart? My concern is quality.

We currently own two Yamaha carts (one gas and one electric) and we're looking to replace the electric cart with another gas cart...and it looks like it may be a Streetrod or Yesteryear cart.

"live well, love much, laugh often"
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
My wife has set her sights on one of these buggies...my question is which is the better cart? My concern is quality.

We currently own two Yamaha carts (one gas and one electric) and we're looking to replace the electric cart with another gas cart...and it looks like it may be a Streetrod or Yesteryear cart.
Streetrods are considerably more expensive than Yesteryear carts because Streetrods are new (YY Carts use a rebuilt chassis). Some people think that Streetrods are street legal but they're not.

You'll have fun checking them out!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Yester Year carts are sold at TV Golf Cart store in LSL, and a few other places. Where are street rods sold?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Gold member

You don't have to look close to see the incredible quality difference in these two carts. Street rod is better hands down. But that said, I looked at the Yesteryear and did not like the fit and finish enough to buy one. I looked at the Street Rod and loved everything about them, but the price.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Yester Year carts are sold at TV Golf Cart store in LSL, and a few other places. Where are street rods sold?
Palm Ridge Plaza next to AGC E-Z-Go.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 AM

You only get what you pay for.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Street Rods are sold in the Palm Ridge Plaza behind CVS (NorthWest corner of Country Road 466 and Country Road 101). Across the road from Southern Trace Plaza (where Crispers luncheons are held).
Old 08-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Platinum member

Do both brands have social clubs in TV?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Street rod hands down. We bought used but were welcomed into the club. They are true replicas of 30's vehicles to scale in fiberglass thicker than a corvette
Old 08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage

Going by looks only I think Street Rods wins hands down. Many Yesteryear Carts look out of proportion, especially in the back. Their sides of the pick-up bed is way too high. I haven't checked the prices on the Yesteryears, but went into the showroom of Street Rods and they were all around $20,000 and one was $22,000. Just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 PM

I went with the Yesteryear because I wanted the Yamaha gas engine, paid $11,000.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:49 PM

I have a yamaha gas 11 hp as well as the 11.5 streetrod that's engine is club car as well as stretched aluminum frame. The street rod rides and performs much better than the yamaha. If I could afford two street rods, I would have them. They are timeless.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Default quality

The wife and I looked at both Yesteryear and Streetrod carts over the past two days and I think the Streetrod is a far better quality vehicle. Not only is the craftsmenship better but the components seem to be much better in the Streetrod than in the Yesteryear cart. There was, as has been mentioned in previous posts, a difference in price between the two...but not significantly so considering that Streetrod seems to have the better cart. There was only about a four thousand dollar difference between similarily equiped carts.

We're leaning towards the Streetrod but they don't accept trade-ins where The Villages Golf Cart Store does. The Villages offered us six thousand dollars for our trade in (a 2009 Yamaha electric cart, black body with gold pin stripping, under carriage lights, overhead storage bin, wood grain dash, high speed gear, windhsield screen, big tires with mag wheels...the cart is just about fully loaded and looks/operates like a new cart). I think the offered price is the wholesale value of the cart and we're considering selling it privately.

Any suggestions on how to sell our cart? I think six thousand five hundred dollars would be a fair asking price...any suggestions/opinions regarding price and how to sell would be greatly appreciated.

"live well, love much, laugh often"
Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Default Awesome Streetrod for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post

I know someone who is about to sell theirs...if your interested..send me a PM
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Eternal Member
Default Street Rod Verses?

I have been out of touch from the forum on surgical leave but have been reading. Zummy is on the mark 100%. I have had the opportunity to work on and drive the models talked about the past few days and the finest production custom cart built is the StreetRod. This cart looks good, rides well & has an oil filtered, oil pumped engine built buy Kawasaki. This cart on a Club Cart frame gets my vote. They are not cheep but you do get what you pay for.

Frank7
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.