Stuck in Reverse

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Default Stuck in Reverse

Help if you can.

My 2010 Yamaha two seater cart has run fine since day one. We returned from an outing and parked in the garage Thursday night as we have done since it was new. Yesterday we backed out and when I moved the F/R lever to forward, the cart backed. I've tried everything I can think of but to no avail, the cart will only go in reverse. Normally I can hear a click when I move the shift lever from reverse to forward, but now nothing. I would look very strange driving around in reverse....

ANT IDEAS ????
Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Eternal Member

Hopefully it is a stretched or louse cable. You may have a bent or broken shifter fork in the differential. Check the cable and let us know if we can help.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
Hopefully it is a stretched or louse cable. You may have a bent or broken shifter fork in the differential. Check the cable and let us know if we can help.
Thanks Frank. I've looked and not found anything that jumped at me as being out of the ordinary. The cart is under warranty and have called to have it picked up and serviced.

I'll see what they say and get back to you. Again thanks for the input.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.