Turn signal indicator light

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Default Turn signal indicator light

I have a 48 volt EZGO that has a turn signal kit installed. When we use the turn signal we often forget to turn it off and find ourselves driving down the road with the turn signals still on like "old people". I purchased a couple of 12 volt led indicator lights that I planned on splicing into the back of the turn signal lights and mounting the LED's into the dash so we can see when the turn signals are active. When I tested the turn signal pigtail connections with a multimeter they appear to be 48 volt also. I will not be able to use the 12v LED's. I cannot seem to find any 48 v LED indicator lights that I can dash mount. Is there a way to dash mount some kind of indicator light or wire up a chirp device so we can tell when we forget to turn off the turn signals?
Thanks!
Tod Brunie
Old 10-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Eternal Member

The turn signal system should not be hooked up to 48 Volts. To hook up more lights to the existing system would be compounding the problem.
You need a 12 volt supply to power the signal stalk either by using a combination of batteries producing only 12 volts or the proper way is to purchase a 48 to12 volt voltage reducer and wire the lighting system correctly.
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, signal, indicator, signals, dash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.