What is remanufactured

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default What is remanufactured

I've seen many ads for remanufactured golf carts. I have an older cart, but it runs well and I just spent $1100 for new Ranger batteries.

I was wondering if it's possible to have it remanufactured or to what exactly does this term refer.

I've been thinking about buying a new cart or trading mine in, but I really like the cart and I doubt that I'll get the value of the batteries back.

I also notice that some ads will have a title that says 2015 and the text of the ad says that it's a 2007 remanufactured in 2015. If cart has been
remanufactured in 2015 is it proper to call it a 2015 model?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Eternal Member

The year will always be what the original tag says its year is , however a remand cart if done over correctly could be from stem too stern and give many more years to life.
We do remand service for people like yourself who like there cart, as long as you intend to keep your cart the money is well spent.
Now when we take an order to build a remand cart we usually buy a 2-3 or 4 year old cart
that comes from a northern golf course and has never see a village street or any other.
When we remand this type cart if electric it gets a new high performance motor, new breaks
All bearings and bushings replaced. The cart gets complete new wiring harnesses, new
windshield, mirrors, upholstered seats , new Sunbrella Enclosure, locking dash, gauges, tires and custom wheels. We replace or repainted the body.
Gas carts get similar treatment and the difference gears and clutches for the drive train.
Hope this clears up the question.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Gold member

What would the cost be to re-manufacture a 2009 club car with a Curtis Cab, so I don't need the Sunbrella, just everything else.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
The year will always be what the original tag says its year is , however a remand cart if done over correctly could be from stem too stern and give many more years to life.
We do remand service for people like yourself who like there cart, as long as you intend to keep your cart the money is well spent.
Now when we take an order to build a remand cart we usually buy a 2-3 or 4 year old cart
that comes from a northern golf course and has never see a village street or any other.
When we remand this type cart if electric it gets a new high performance motor, new breaks
All bearings and bushings replaced. The cart gets complete new wiring harnesses, new
windshield, mirrors, upholstered seats , new Sunbrella Enclosure, locking dash, gauges, tires and custom wheels. We replace or repainted the body.
Gas carts get similar treatment and the difference gears and clutches for the drive train.
Hope this clears up the question.
What does this process cost. It sounds like it would be easier and less expensive to just by a newer cart.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Eternal Member

It depends on what needs to be redone, call for appointment and we will sit and talk
Old 07-15-2015, 04:07 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

As Dr. Boogie noted, some ads for re-manufactured carts don't say they are re-manufactured, they only offer a good price for a 2014 cart or somesuch. Only when the new owner goes to get insurance and has tgo access the serial number, or when the new owner goes in for some service and the repair shop looks at the SN to get the proper year do they realize they purchased a re-manufactured 2007 cart as a 2014 cart. The question is "Is this legal? It is certainly not ethical if the year of manufacture is not disclosed but is it illegal? What is your recourse if you think you've been tricked or mislead?
Old 07-15-2015, 06:56 AM
Eternal Member

That's a legal question, dealers when selling a "Reman Cart " dealers should always disclose the the chassis year.
Closed Thread

Tags
remanufactured, cart, batteries, ads, doubt, proper, call, model, text, notice, title, back, runs, spent, $1100, older, golf, carts, ranger, thinking, buying, trading, refer, term, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.