Headlights

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Headlights

I installed two LED lights that I got at Wal Mart on the front of my cart. They were working fine, but one of them went out tonight. So I took the light off and jiggled some wires and the light came back on. I trimmed the loose wires and reconnected them. The light came on, but goes off when I touch the wires. I started noticing that there are a lot of different wires and some kinds of connectors that I'm not familiar with. The appear to be two black wires and a red wire. Then there are these wires that are covered in a silver mesh type insulation. I'm guessing that some of this stuff may have had to do with the directional lights that were originally on the cart before this custom front end got installed.

The light only has two wires coming out of the back so I hooked up those two wires to a red and black wire and it seems to work but again, if I jiggle different wires it goes off and on.

Does anyone know what all this stuff is and can I eliminate it and just use the black and red wires? If so, which black and red wires should I use.
The Villages Florida
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Eternal Member

Sorry, I have no info on Walmart suppliers wiring plan. Keep in mind that polarity is important when using LED's.
Closed Thread

Tags
wires, red, black, light, stuff

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.