Yamaha EFI Drive clutch

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 AM
Default Yamaha EFI Drive clutch

Frank,please weigh in on this latest controversy: OEM clutch on Yamahas failing due to increased stress? of higher gearing,larger tires, on majority of TV carts to adapt to non golf course use. Is this a problem of the primary drive clutch or secondary driven clutch,or both? Is this because Yamaha is now using an inferior OEM clutch? Which aftermarket clutch would you recommend for TV's unique golf cart situation? Thanks for your expertise.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:47 AM
Sage

And, if I could add on to this question.... Is the problem just with Carts and Clubs carts or does it also affect yamahas sold by Villages golf carts? The online article wasn't clear. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Eternal Member

I would sugest the this issue that is nothing new to this forum that the readers go to previous post and in search put in "Yamaha Clutches "
k
The 2015 Yamaha is compleatly redesigned with factory gears that are proper for The Villags type of use. Previously the added gears to attain the needed speed for Village type of use were aftermarket and not condoned by Yamaha, they designed there cart for golf course use
You should also know the the brake system has returned to the conventional
Duel rear brake drums and shoes again, that system has been missing for seven years.

To answer the original question the installation of the aftermarket "Team Clutch" with a high performance belt has
Done well with most users of the G29 cart.

Mm
Old 05-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
And, if I could add on to this question.... Is the problem just with Carts and Clubs carts or does it also affect yamahas sold by Villages golf carts? The online article wasn't clear. Thanks.
In the article it was stated that the detective had to pay $225 for a TEAM clutch. I also had to go this route with my 2013 Yamaha EFI that I purchased from C & C in Ocala. This was after C & C replaced the original clutch with one that was the same that came with the cart.They also put a "better" belt on the new clutch and this was supposed to solve the problem but it didn't.Not until I paid them for the TEAM clutch did my problem get resolved.
I am also curious if this is only happening with C& C carts or is the problem also with The Villages cart . I know a few folks that told me the Villages has replaced their clutch & belt at no cost to them.I believe this was done but I don't believe the Villages has installed a TEAM clutch in these carts.
Yamaha will not back the warranty because of the 10 inch wheels & high speed gears installed aftermarket in these carts.I tried everything to get them to back it, or have C & C back it to no avail. I went to the Crimes against seniors, talked to the attorney general's office & the better business bureau all to no avail.$225 didn't put me in the poor farm but I sure felt like someone beside me should have paid.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Eternal Member

Bosoxfan,
Thanks for adding your comments .
Old 06-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Bosoxfan

You're welcome Frank. Now that you've answered the original question is this topic open for discussion or should I start another thread for further discussion on this topic?
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks, Sal and a Bosoxfan,
I think both your current comments would be best for the new section on TOTV called
"All About Carts and Things". That is an open forum just started for comments and post
That will invite all to read and comment.
This section we are in now is reserved for a particular question answered by me.
A new post in that new area is more Germaine to both your comments to the cart public to respond.
Thanks for your input.
Frank
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.