Flat Panel Installation (Master Bedroom)

Flat Panel Installation (Master Bedroom)

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillagesAV.com View Post
Are you kidding? What if someone unplugged the wrong end?

Buy the right parts and do it right the 1st time. This is not the place to try and save a few bucks.
No, not kidding at all and I am the only person that would unplug it so the risk you describe is minimal.

I understand your dislike of this approach but it seems to me like an excellent place and time to save some money. Parts online such as are shown in post #1 in this thread can be purchased online for about $40, for example at Amazon by searching for "Arlington TVBR2505K". I would post the link to this but I don't have enough posts on this forum to allow the inclusion of a web link. The same or, at least, very similar parts, can be obtained for less than that and the flexibility can be increaseed by allowing the use of any length desired extension cord by using the double male approach I am proposing.

While certainly 110 power can be dangerous, my experience is that when shorting between two wires/prongs with just the hand, it doesn't even leave a burn mark. Just a momentary pain and no big deal. Of course, when the power travels through the entire body, much worse damage is possible. I am sure that I have a minority opinion on the dangers of 110 power.

We each place a different importance on saving a few bucks and on safety. I admit that I place more importance on saving money and less importance on safety than most. I also like the challenge of doing things myself rather than, in this case, buying a pre-built power/communications bridge kit.

Anyway thanks for your thoughts on the subject. If the only downside is the potential for electrical shock if the one end of the double male power cord is unplugged, I will probably still go ahead with this approach. If you want to take a look at it when I am done, let me know and I would be glad to show you.

The work you have showcased in this thread is excellent and I commend you on your skills. I hope my installation is half as good looking as yours are.

G'day,

Vinish

Closed Thread