Flat Panel Installation (Master Bedroom)

Flat Panel Installation (Master Bedroom)

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Talking

Interior wall with metal studs on 24" centers...

The Villages Florida

This has to be the coolest customer ever. This is a 100+ lb 65" Samsung 8000 Series plasma we set-up for his wife in the Master Bedroom. If you look closely you can see an infrared remote control repeater on top of the display. We were able to hide the Comcast cable box behind the TV . There is no equipment visible in the room...

The Villages Florida

We hooked up an additional HDMI cable and ran it through the wall, right behind the face plate. If the customer ever decides to hook up a Blu-Ray player or other HDMI source device, they can pull out the cord, plug it in and go...

The Villages Florida

If you think this is cool, you should see what we did in the great room

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com

Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillagesAV.com View Post
Interior wall with metal studs on 24" centers...

The Villages Florida

This has to be the coolest customer ever. This is a 100+ lb 65" Samsung 8000 Series plasma we set-up for his wife in the Master Bedroom. If you look closely you can see an infrared remote control repeater on top of the display. We were able to hide the Comcast cable box behind the TV . There is no equipment visible in the room...

The Villages Florida

We hooked up an additional HDMI cable and ran it through the wall, right behind the face plate. If the customer ever decides to hook up a Blu-Ray player or other HDMI source device, they can pull out the cord, plug it in and go...

The Villages Florida

If you think this is cool, you should see what we did in the great room
Looks like a beautiful job done very well. Thank you for the pictures. It is so helpful to see the finish product.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

The Villages AV is the BEST! We had the pleasure of using their service once and will definitely use them for any future needs. Their work is perfection, at an extremely reasonable price. You can't go wrong calling them for all your audio and video needs!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Veteran member

What would you do with a crazy setup that must include a cable box, Blu-ray player, 5.1 receiver, Slingbox and maybe a Wii? I don't think you can hide all of them so is it worth it to hang the TV if everything else is going to be in the entertainment center anyway? (I still need to contact you about running speaker wire from the TV end of the room to the opposite wall in the bedroom.)
Old 02-11-2014, 11:42 PM

Tom did the exact same installation in my home. YES, the cabling in the wall is 14/2 romex that is spliced to the flexible wire that is plugged in the outlet. I added a surge protector at Toms recommendation. His experience and knowledge made the installation w/o and visible wiring behind the TV. I highly recommend Tom to do your audio visual work!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:26 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Here is an installation in the master bedroom of a Cedar model designer home. The cable box is hidden behind the display. It makes for a super clean install and the remote controls the box from anywhere in the room with no repeater.

The Villages Florida

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 PM

Had Tom install 3 TV's in our new house in December. 47" on wall in master bedroom, 60" in living room and 32" in 2nd bedroom. Did a great job and was very helpful. Highly recommend. Next sound system in the spring.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thanks Sparky, pleasure doing business with you.

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 AM

I am in the process of buying the parts to make my own power and communication bridge such as those shown in this thread. I have found that the parts are reasonably inexpensive with the exception of a male plug that mounts on a recessed wall plate. These were ridiculously overpriced. So I had the epiphany to try something else. Instead of making the wall plug male which is expensive, I would just buy a short extension cord of the appropriate gauge, cut the female end off, and wire in a second male end. This gives me a short extension cord with two male ends. I can then simply make the power bridge with two female receptacles and use the home-made double male power cord to connect to it. Aside from the obvious danger of holding one end of the double male extension cord in your hand while the other end is plugged in, are there any disadvantages to this approach?

Now with all this talk about male and female parts, I think I need to go take a cold shower.

G'day,

Vinish
Old 03-11-2014, 09:47 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Are you kidding? What if someone unplugged the wrong end?

Buy the right parts and do it right the 1st time. This is not the place to try and save a few bucks.

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Closed Thread