LG TV Repair

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Default LG TV Repair

Someone to look at our LG TV and see if it is fixable at a reasonable rate. tV is 8 years old. Volume and on/ off does not work. Also, once in a while funky message comes up. Comcast states it's the TV. U can EM me at bunkoffd@yahoo.com.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
The situation with older displays is that they are really disposable. You won't find anyone to look at it or fix it for $100. It could easily be $300, $400 or more.

New displays are so far advanced from what you're trying to fix that it usually makes more sense to buy a new one. You can get a nice 50" display for $500, 42" panels are $350ish and they are so much nicer than 8 year old technology.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I would never recommend investing in an 8 year old display.

.$0.02
Yep we had the same issue. We called the repair guy from the paper, he charged for the house call and told us to buy a new set and ours was just a couple of years old, just out of warranty.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Just went through the same situation with a 3 year old 65 inch LG plasma. We are currently nursing it for a couple of months, or until I see a really good sale. The initial replacement parts did not fix the problem, I was able to have these returned and the original parts replaced, still cost over $200. The next set of replacement parts were over 50% the cost of a new TV, decided not to bother.....
Old 05-31-2015, 05:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Were a throw away culture sad to say..

Remember when appliances were built rugged to last a life time

Not fail just after the warranty expires
Old 05-31-2015, 05:40 AM
Sage

I have always found that buying a good rated television to be cost effective. All of my televisions have last 10 to 15 years with no problems and I would never get a warranty but that's me. If it doesn't break in the first year, the television usually runs for a goodly amount of time.

Televisions is a disposable item. Much better to buy another new television than to try and fix the old one. One of the few times when you get more for your money for less cost and the quality will be better.

I always check Consumer Reports to buy a highly rated television that is cost effective. Samsung is a very good brand to buy. IMHO

BTW - Who's to say if after you had it fixed, something else may go wrong?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.