Samsung customer service problems

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Default Samsung customer service problems

We bought a Samsung smart tv in March at best buy. We used it for 3 months. When we came back in October the TV started having problems. The TV picture flickered and the screen went black. We called best buy. They said to call Samsung. The first call to Samsung was answered by a man in Manila who we could not understand.After several more calls a nice repairman took our TV away for 2 weeks. He said he put in what Samsung tech sent him and he hoped it worked. An hour after he left the TV went black again. More calls to Samsung. Now besides going dark our smart tv is no longer smart. We can no longer get Netflix. There are many customer complaints against Samsung online. Just want to see if anyone has a suggestion. We did file a bbb complaint.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:09 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I would call the closest authorised repair facility and take it in for service. It's under warranty, they'll get it fixed.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 12-29-2014, 08:47 PM

The closest authorized repairman was the man that had the TV for 2 weeks. We called him. He doesn't know what else to do except to call customer service again. We already complained to as high as we could get to at Samsung.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

I had same problem with my 6 month old Samsung refrigerator. Samsung customer service was a nightmare.. had two diff repairman,, still needed repair , I stopped calling Samsung and called Home Depot, who were absolutely the best. local and referred to corp in Arkansas , I think it was.. I ended up with a new fridge ( NOT A SAMSUNG) from Home Depot.. I will buy any new appliance I need at Home Depot and never buy a Samsung product again
Old 12-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

I'll echo Samsung problems. I've had two Samsung microwaves in which the door handle broke within 8 months. I was able to get service and they replaced the entire door. However the repairman told me it would likely happen again. I also had a terrible experience with a Samsung Galaxy phone. Sent it to Plano TX, the repair facility, three times. I called American Express and refused to pay for the repair. I now have a Google phone - Nexus 5 and like it.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
The closest authorized repairman was the man that had the TV for 2 weeks. We called him. He doesn't know what else to do except to call customer service again. We already complained to as high as we could get to at Samsung.
Ok, try the 2nd closest authorised repair facility. Sounds like the 1st guy can't figure it out .

These things aren't really that complicated in fact they are modular. It's just a panel with a bunch of easily replaceable boards just like an old desktop computer. With the volume of display devices Samsung sells, it's shouldn't be hard to identify the problem. You cant be the only person that has that issue.

You might also consider talking to the Samsung employee that works in the Best Buy location. I bet he/she has a contact that can help.

What's the model number?

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 12-30-2014, 01:59 PM

We are waiting to hear from Samsung again. They contacted the repairman. There are thousands of complaints against Samsung customer service. The TV complaints have been similar. The people at best buy must know this. Yet the keep pushing Samsung as a quality product which it is not.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Excuse me for changing the topic for a second, but this may help some posters. For anyone trying to decide on buying a big screen TV, I would recommend Vizio. They are an American Company started in 2002 by 3 guys in California with $600,000. Last year the company made $2 Billion dollars and since 2007 have been the biggest seller of big screen LED TV's.

I purchased a Vizio 60" LED Smart TV from Sam's Club website in 2012 for $979, it was shipped from their warehouse in Texas and I received it in a week. It has worked great ever since I've owned the set. My neighbor saw my TV and purchased the exact same model but from the Sam's Club store on 441. After two weeks his screen went black. He called and they said there was a problem with some models and his serial number was one of those. In a week they picked up his old set and he received a brand new TV in the box. His new TV has worked perfectly for him ever since. That same model is now being sold for $798, it's a great bargain.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.