Arcimoto SRK electric vehicle

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2017, 08:47 AM
Default Arcimoto SRK electric vehicle

The Arcimoto SRK is a three wheel electric vehicle with 70-130 mile range, 0-60 in 7.5 seconds,and 230 MPGe. They are bringing their first production model here to Lake Sumter Landing Monday evening 6/24. The base price of this made in USA vehicle is only $11,900! This very versatile vehicle would be great as Villages transportation. I'm excited enough to have pre-ordered one. Come see what you think!
Their website is http:/www.arcimoto.com
Old 07-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Made in USA!
Old 07-23-2017, 01:09 PM

For what purpose would anyone purchase this vehicle other than a new "toy"? The video shows / implies that it may be used as a"golf" cart. Not if it has atop speed of 80 mph. No golf course in the world would allow this on their turf. It doesn't qualify as a Low Speed Vehicle either. So what we have here is high speed open cockpit pocket rocket. Oh well someone will buy it just to have it.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:56 PM

YES! It would be fun to drive. With 230 MPGe, optional enclosure, seating for two plus storage space, potential 130 mile range and zero "tailpipe" emissions its much more than a "toy". I could envision that to be the only "car" I would need here. I agree it is not going to be usable on the golf courses but it will pack my clubs and get me to any course I choose. Its much more stable and safer than a two wheeler. I am interested and I think others will be as well. Not for everyone I guess. To each their own.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Looks like we have all kinds of choices:

Arcimoto

The Villages Florida

Gem e2

The Villages Florida

Cam-Am Spyder

The Villages Florida

Polaris Slingshot

The Villages Florida
Old 07-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Gold member
Default Good luck to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
The Arcimoto SRK is a three wheel electric vehicle with 70-130 mile range, 0-60 in 7.5 seconds,and 230 MPGe. They are bringing their first production model here to Lake Sumter Landing Monday evening 6/24. The base price of this made in USA vehicle is only $11,900! This very versatile vehicle would be great as Villages transportation. I'm excited enough to have pre-ordered one. Come see what you think!
Their website is http:/www.arcimoto.com
There have been literally thousands of transportation vehicles brought to market over the years. Where many of them fail is service=repairs. Any machine will have part wear out. Repairs often require proprietary tools. You cannot PROPERLY repair everything with your vice grips and
duct tape.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
There have been literally thousands of transportation vehicles brought to market over the years. Where many of them fail is service=repairs. Any machine will have part wear out. Repairs often require proprietary tools. You cannot PROPERLY repair everything with your vice grips and
duct tape.
Well, with an e-vehicle, if the controller is sound, you only have brakes, suspension, and the prop shaft to worry about. Given the use these will have by the average TV resident, the median age here, it is unlikely they will ever need any service with or without vice grips. OK, maybe the lithium batteries...

Edit to add, have YOU ever had a prop shaft or suspension rebuild on your car?, Unlikely...
Old 07-24-2017, 01:29 PM

Unfortunately for us who are interested, the Arcimoto truck has broken down in Atlanta! All I know is that its still there now and its unclear if they will be able to stop at The Villages this evening. They are having a test drive event in Tampa tomorrow. When I learn more I will post it here.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Platinum member

These folks could not attract savvy investors and had to rely on Crowdfunding to finance their startup. The amount they raised was pretty low. I imagine many employees are betting on the come. Next step will likely be using the non-refundable deposits to build the first production models. If they cannot get enough orders, the later depositors will be in for some disappointments. Even if I liked the product, I wouldn't touch this deal. It looks like Elio all over again.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:18 PM

Last update on Arcimoto test drive. Because of problems with their truck they need to skip The Villages this time.
Closed Thread

Tags
vehicle, arcimoto, electric, srk, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.