I'm looking to buy a new Car here in the Villages..... where to go?

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2020, 09:58 AM

We just bought a Toyota Highlander at Phillips Toyota in Leesburg. My best car buying experience ever. Jamie Reed was our salesman
Old 08-19-2020, 06:57 AM

Stay away from anyplace that has the name Jenkins.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:14 AM

Research on line. Find one you like and drive it. Go back to any car search program on the internet. Find the one you want, put your contact information in. Dealers will be contacting you from all over the state with their deal and free delivery to your local dealership. Know what you should pay ahead of time and it will pay off.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:21 AM

Jenkins has many places to buy a new car. Always a good price.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Research on line. Find one you like and drive it. Go back to any car search program on the internet. Find the one you want, put your contact information in. Dealers will be contacting you from all over the state with their deal and free delivery to your local dealership. Know what you should pay ahead of time and it will pay off.
I have found that, anytime you have a car shipped from another dealer, you need to pay a deposit. I would only buy a car that I can actually see on the lot. But, if you do pay a deposit, make sure that what you sign clearly defines the car with a VIN number and a copy of the official Government window sticker and that the dealer cannot substitute another vehicle. I have seen two friends get ripped off because the car they thought they were buying was not the car that was delivered. Typically, the dealer's deposit form will allow the dealer to deliver a similar, but different car. And, once you pay a deposit, you will NEVER get the money back.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage

The last time I was at Jenkins Honda in Leesburg, to pick up some maintenance items from the parts department, I wandered through the showroom. Every car had a Jenkins sticker next to the Honda sticker with several thousand dollars worth of nonsense, including $10K additional markup on one car. While you can certainly negotiate that nonsense away, I wonder why anyone would want to bother when they have other choices. On the other hand, the prices for the maintenance items were reasonable and the guy in the part department was very friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
Stay away from anyplace that has the name Jenkins.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:33 PM

Had poor experience with Jenkins Hyundai in leesburg
Old 08-24-2020, 07:35 AM

Yes, although to me it's important to establish some sort of "connect" with a dealer, hopefully the auto works like it should and no worries.....
Old 08-24-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Forget a new car............buy a fun car:

Duffy's Classic Cars – Car Dealer in Cedar Rapids, IA
Old 09-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Default Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturFargo View Post
Jenkins Hyundai dealer, Leesburg. The new Palisades is beautiful. We are contemplating it. We use them for service for our Santa Fe. They are very nice.
Thank you!
Old 09-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Default Hmmmm, please don't post "hear say" just to start trouble.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
A couple of years back there was a horror story on TOTV about how dishonestly a buyer was treated at Phillips Toyota. Because we planned to buy there, we looked into the story, found enough truth to it, and as a result bought elsewhere. From answers to the post, it sounded like other buyers also boycotted Phillips Toyota. Can’t remember the name of the OP, but I’m sure you could find it doing a TOTV search for “Beware Phillips Toyota” or something like that. Definitely worth taking into account. Maybe the old OP will post again?
This kind of response is not what I requested. Please keep your "hear say" to yourself or make your own posts with facts, thank you.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
To get your best deal you may want to check out this web site. I've used James Bragg's program in the past he has an interesting way of car shopping and you may just get the best deal you can. You do need to focus in on the brand, model car and options.
Complete ripoff, all information in his so called "program" is public information and available to anyone who wants to take the time to do some pre-purchase research.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, local, car, buy, dealers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.