I'm looking to buy a new Car here in the Villages..... where to go?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 07:01 AM

Jenkins Hyundai dealer, Leesburg. The new Palisades is beautiful. We are contemplating it. We use them for service for our Santa Fe. They are very nice.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:03 AM

Don't worry about gas prices. You won't be driving your csr very much. Really irrelevant. Buy ehst you want.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:35 AM

I totally agree. Bill Bryan dealership even has a waiting area w soda,coffee,hot dogs, pop corn,WiFi.....bring your dog lol
If we ever even drive by there, you can stop for a car wash.
They even baked cookies. We bought a Subaru and drove it home in a couple of hours. I have friends who drive over from Jacksonville, just to go to that dealership for service.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:43 AM
Default Jenkins Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturFargo View Post
Jenkins Hyundai dealer, Leesburg. The new Palisades is beautiful. We are contemplating it. We use them for service for our Santa Fe. They are very nice.
I love my 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. It's still going strong but will definitely consider another Hyundai from Jenkins in Leesburg when I'm ready for a new car.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Just bought a 2020 model in March. Found vast disparities between dealers in Ocala versus those South of the Villages. Trend in Ocala seems to be to add thousands to the sticker price. Typically around 5K. So you see $250 for mudflaps, $400 for a flashing brake light addition, $60 for a first aid kit etc. One dealership even include one year of credit monitoring in the extended sticker, while another added $2,000 for "additional dealer mark up", hard to believe but it was on the added sticker.

Ended up buying car in Clermont which only had the factory sticker on the car and got discount from there.

So once you decide on a model, deal with the dealers that have only the MSRP sticker on the car and not one or two more added on for high priced options you don't want or need. Don't waste your time on any of the Ocala dealers.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepearson55804@gmail.com View Post
I like having a new car, and it's time to upgrade. I'd like to buy something local here in the Villages and surrounding area. I don't know anything about the local dealers. I'd appreciate any input, or experiences you've had.
We like Phillips Buick/GMC. Good people, good service. Recommend Matt. Also Plaza Cadillac, same as Phillips. Robby is excellent.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:27 AM

I agree but buying in the last week of a month can produce big savings! Finally it’s important to compare apples to apples so when getting quotes on pricing make sure ea car is equipped the same.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Just bought a 2020 model in March. Found vast disparities between dealers in Ocala versus those South of the Villages. Trend in Ocala seems to be to add thousands to the sticker price. Typically around 5K. So you see $250 for mudflaps, $400 for a flashing brake light addition, $60 for a first aid kit etc. One dealership even include one year of credit monitoring in the extended sticker, while another added $2,000 for "additional dealer mark up", hard to believe but it was on the added sticker.

Ended up buying car in Clermont which only had the factory sticker on the car and got discount from there.

So once you decide on a model, deal with the dealers that have only the MSRP sticker on the car and not one or two more added on for high priced options you don't want or need. Don't waste your time on any of the Ocala dealers.
I have never seen a dealer who wouldn't accept the KBB.com or Edmunds.com fair value price. The key is to ignore all of the add ons and offer to buy the car at the fair value price. They can take it or leave it. But, when you start to walk out, they will accept the price. There is no reason why they shouldn't. As soon as you start to negotiate with them, you have lost and you will pay too much. I tell the dealer upfront that I will only discuss the bottom line, out-the-door price. Also, getting mad, arguing, or lying to the dealer doesn't work. I tell them how I calculated my offer, and they can sell me the car, or I will just buy it somewhere else.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Gold member

Have a 2020 Hyundai Pallsade and love it I purchased it at Hyundai of Central FL located in Clermont. No dealer fee and no add on to the manufacters sticker price. They show their discounts below sticker price on line and were the only dealer I found discounting the Pallsade. A new dealership with a large selection. I would purchase there again.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:52 AM

Anywhere but a "bill bryan" dealership. Three years ago they sold me a new jeep with a nest of rodents living under the hood.

It took 3 months and legal fees for them to take the vehicle back.

Shame on you bill bryan !!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2020, 08:56 AM

I would avoid Jenkins Honda, I purchased a extra maintenance package and was told it covered everything for 10 years however every time that I took it in for an oil change, they found something to add to my bill!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:00 AM

P.s. No matter where you go .... Make sure you check under the hood !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
Better buy something that’s economical on gas. Gas prices keep going up here in the villages while the price of gas keeps going down other places in the country.
Gasoline is the cheapest thing about owning an automobile! Most cars get about 20 mph (+/-) and with gas less than $2.50/gal that allows travel for about 12½ cents per mile. With the average auto useage in TV at 10,000 per year, $1250 for fuel....probably cheaper than the insurance on a new car.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:10 AM
Platinum member

We had a good buying experience with Bill Bryan Subaru. I had done my research and it was an easy process. The problem was learning how to operate all of the electronics on the car. They even had a class with refreshments for new buyers.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:21 AM

I liked George Nahas Chevrolet. (4135 SR-44E. Wildwood. Sales and service I rate excellent. My husband and I wanted a smaller second car. We purchased an Equinox. Very pleased with it and how we were treated even after the sale.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, local, car, buy, dealers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.