Oil change for GM auto

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2021, 04:36 PM
Default Car Service

We have used Tire Choice at Colony Plaza for 5 years. Joe and his team have always done a god job with fair prices.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marycat View Post
We have used Tire Choice at Colony Plaza for 5 years. Joe and his team have always done a god job with fair prices.
They are very conveniently located to a lot of people. But, I think your opinion is very much in the minority, especially on this website. They rountinely upsell and over charge for repair work. In my case, they tried to charge me twice as much as the dealer for 2 motor mounts. Then, when I told them that, the guy in the shop tried to negotiate down the price. I felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman. Also, I am suspicious of the great reviews they have on the larger social media websites.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:42 AM
Default Anyone can do a good oil change.

I'd say just do it Yourself but that probably doesn't help here.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

You will get a few recommendations here some retire of course is recommended by a lot. I go to Phillips Buick on 27 in Leesburg because they are closer and they have a quick change oil facility where you do not need a reservation. If it is more an oil I suggest you carefully look over your car to make sure everything was done as there's always a new mechanic being trained. A good thought wherever you go. Also make sure they refill your tires to the correct air pressure. Because if they had a truck on the left before you most probably they had reset the air pressure higher
Old 04-14-2021, 07:57 AM
Default Oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We have our oil changed at the dealership, as part of our maintenance program. Since we are in TV, looking for a trusted place to have oil changed.. Have you used local dealer, or Sumter Tire? Have a month before it will be due. Searched TOTV site, didn’t have any business or thoughts on where to go. Thanks
I think it's Tuffy's in Ocala.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:08 AM
Default Oil change:

If its just an oil change then go to Walmart. they won't sell you any extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We have our oil changed at the dealership, as part of our maintenance program. Since we are in TV, looking for a trusted place to have oil changed.. Have you used local dealer, or Sumter Tire? Have a month before it will be due. Searched TOTV site, didn’t have any business or thoughts on where to go. Thanks
Old 04-14-2021, 08:42 AM

Please shop carefully with some oil change specials? Not everyone is above board. Some places will bait and switch. Before you know it you're getting all kinds of servicing you don't really need.

Here's my experience with a dealer in the area. We bought a new suv there with top of the line features. This is a big new and used car dealer in TV area.

I brought it in for an oil change. Not for mileage but for time. My wife's car that is garaged and barely new. After waiting for the oil change I am told it's all done. I sign the papers and walk outside to where the vehicle is now parked. I start the vehicle and warning lights go off. Stop the engine. Lift up the hood.

Not a drop of oil in the vehicle. Nothing. Oh big apologies and two free oil changes.

I bring it in again for an oil change. Still under warranty. It's delivered to me. I sign the papers. Pop open the hood. The tip of the dipstick is where the oil is filled. It's down a full quart. They add the oil.

Recently my wife went back for an oil change again. Vehicle is 4 years old and 18k miles. I check it afterwards and it shows ok on the dipstick but not totally full.

I call service department and speak to the manager. My wife is charged for 7 quarts of oil but they only put in 6.7. Service manager says that's their policy. Baloney.

The day we bought this top of the line suv I went home and popped open the hood. Both vents clogged with leaves.

Bad place.

Last edited by bobdeb; 04-14-2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
Bad place.
Make the post helpful............Where??
Old 04-14-2021, 09:17 AM

We just bought an expensive SUV of the same make this dealer sells but somewhere else way outside of TV.

Sad.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:29 AM

How about a GM dealer. Yellow pages, internet.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
If its just an oil change then go to Walmart. they won't sell you any extras
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Make the post helpful............Where??
I don't like giving out bad reviews and I didn't with this dealer who once said that I'm now in the "blank blank Family".

Just shopped there for an Explorer. They said again I'm in "the family" and I'll be treated well. We did our homework and we knew they were price gouging. I told them that was just a sales slogan for them. End of story with them.

We drove all the way out to Autonation Ford Sanford. No gimmicks. No funky anything. We are very pleased with everything there.

To avoid this local dealer I'll have to drive up 27/441 or to Inverness or Mt Dora for service. But I'm not going back to this place ever.

But I still need a local place for oil change...
Old 04-14-2021, 11:33 AM

Some GM cars require a specific type of oil and viscosity.

Dexos® oils are formulated exclusively with synthetics or synthetic blends. Better antioxidant technology that keeps oil from oxidizing. Dexos® oils generally have a drain interval of up to 15,000 miles. Lower viscosity that holds up to engine combustion and heat better and longer than other oils on the market.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:04 PM

Hilton Automotive - located on 441 near 42....reliable, dependable and very reasonable.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:08 PM

I love Wildwood auto on 44....very trust worthy
Old 04-14-2021, 02:25 PM

Anyone have any experience with Hudson automotive in Fruitland Park?

I brought a BMW there many years ago as it was misfiring. I couldn't find the problem but they did at NO CHARGE! I was impressed but haven't had the occasion to go back.

They could have easily scammed me but didn't.
Closed Thread

Tags
oil, changed, due, sumter, tire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.