Recommendation for new tires

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2021, 08:02 AM

First of all if you do need tires? I would only replace the two front tires for now because the front tires do the steering and a flat in the front is more dangerous then in the rear
Old 08-19-2021, 09:33 AM

The Truth About Tire Treadwear - Consumer Reports

Check out the sidewall picture for codes of your tire. I've had original tires wear out before 30K.

I trust Sumter Tire and Auto in Wildwood to be honest with you. I buy most tires at Costco or Sams.

You can also go to TireRack.com to see what tires they recommend for your car. A tire is not a tire.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:40 AM

tires-easy dot com
Old 08-19-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
We always use Costco or Sam's to get tires, but having said that have not purchased locally yet. Their tire septs are normally very efficient and good
Good luck in trying to get anyone to answer the phone in the garage!! I guess, if you are serious about getting new tires at Sams Club, better to go there in person.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:29 AM
Default Wildwood Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
My car is 6 years old but only has 30,000 miles on it. However, I was told I need new tires, I assume this is due to "dry rot" even though my car spends most of the time in the garage.

Anyway, I need new tires, but Honda dealership wanted over $700 for tires on a Honda Fit, very small car/tires.

Can you recommend a reputable place? I know NOT to go to Tire Choice, but is another tire shop like Tire Kingdom or something like that best or a local garage like Wildwood tire or even just go to Walmart or Sam's Club

Thank you for your advice
We have used Wildwood tire for years and always find their prices to be competitive. Service is great and they are a family owned, family run business. We get tires for my BMW, my husband’s Dodge Ram truck and our 38 foot 5th wheel. Their advice on changing the type of tires we were using on our RV saved us from the blowouts that used to plague us on the road.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Wildwood tire or Sams.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones53 View Post
We have used Wildwood tire for years and always find their prices to be competitive. Service is great and they are a family owned, family run business. We get tires for my BMW, my husband’s Dodge Ram truck and our 38 foot 5th wheel. Their advice on changing the type of tires we were using on our RV saved us from the blowouts that used to plague us on the road.
I could have written this same comment with the exception of the BMW.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:46 PM
Default Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
My car is 6 years old but only has 30,000 miles on it. However, I was told I need new tires, I assume this is due to "dry rot" even though my car spends most of the time in the garage.

Anyway, I need new tires, but Honda dealership wanted over $700 for tires on a Honda Fit, very small car/tires.

Can you recommend a reputable place? I know NOT to go to Tire Choice, but is another tire shop like Tire Kingdom or something like that best or a local garage like Wildwood tire or even just go to Walmart or Sam's Club

Thank you for your advice
Go to Tire Round-UP across from the 5 Min. Oil Change on 441 in Lady Lake. Jeff Grover (owner) will give you a fair price and he is an excellent, honest, mechanic.

Last edited by MJCtalk; 08-21-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Location added.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, tires, honda, garage, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.