217 million for a base ball player

217 million for a base ball player

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
We Americans do love our sports, don't we? I'm as guilty as the next one. I love baseball. I also love nurses, teachers, and the guys who pick up my trash every week, but I'm not willing to pay $100 bucks for a seat to watch them do their thing, and also pay $8 for a hot dog and another $9 for a beer to consume while I watch them, although in reality, it's far more important that they do their job well in the scheme of things. That's why Price gets those bucks!

As an aside, I'd sure rather see Price get this money than some Wall Street banker (and they do get that much or more in many cases) who doesn't do anything other than manipulate our economy, usually in a way that doesn't benefit many of us. At least when Price throws a curve ball you can see it.
Ah, an economist in our midst.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Old 12-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Sage

Actually I think that most of the money made by baseball teams comes from television advertising.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Actually I think that most of the money made by baseball teams comes from television advertising.
So that means we all pay, in the price of the products we buy.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Sage

You gotta be rich to go to a baseball game. That's un-American or at least it used to be un-American.
Sitting in front of a tv is not the same, especially when your with your dad or with your kids.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

don't forget pay for view , sports channel $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, everthing comes out of your pocket to pay them.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:53 PM

Works out to about $1 Million per start. Win or Lose.

Tags
ball, million, pitcher, offer, 217jester, dollars, team, contract, year, player, base, boggles, major, mind, league