ARod arbritrator rules today 1/11/14

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default ARod arbritrator rules today 1/11/14

Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz has ruled that Alex Rodriguez will be suspended for the entire 2014 regular season as well as 2014 postseason.

So unless there is some reversal, Yankees will save #27.5M on luxury tax payroll.

To the showers .... most of the Yankee Fans I know are happy!

Real Baseball Statistics - Eliminating the effect of MLB's Steroid Era.

https://twitter.com/MLB
Old 01-11-2014, 12:54 PM

Agree with you. I feel that all Steroid users should also be left off any ballot for the Hall of Fame and their records not recognized. A cheater is a cheater.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

I'm absolutely stunned…..Thrilled and happy for MLB but still shocked. Rarely do arbitration results come back with an ounce of common sense.

Thanks for sharing the results.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member

How does that affect the Yankees record for 2013? Are all of the games he played him a default?

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Sage

Give the 28.5 million to me. I would have a party every day!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

One year suspension for how many years of steroid use? If you can't tell, I don't think the result was quite strong enough.

Most definitely agree that the roid users should never be up for the Hall of Fame. Pete Rose, who never cheated, who played every game as if it was the World Series, is denied any chance of being a Hall of Famer for betting on games but ARod, Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, et al. have the potential to be one? Ugh, ugh ugh!!!!!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
One year suspension for how many years of steroid use? If you can't tell, I don't think the result was quite strong enough.
Hi Redwitch: It has effectively ended his career .. same result as Bonds!

Quote:
Most definitely agree that the roid users should never be up for the Hall of Fame. Pete Rose, who never cheated, who played every game as if it was the World Series,
(Pete's biggest sin was that he bet on his own team's games ...game upon which his actions could have an impact!!...plus he lied about it for years)
Quote:
is denied any chance of being a Hall of Famer for betting on games but ARod, Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, et al. have the potential to be one? Ugh, ugh ugh!!!!!
Here are some of my reflections on PES (Formerly PEDs forever changed by Fredric Horowitz report)

Hope they are thought provoking!

Some reflections on a tumultuous week in the MLB PES (Formerly PEDs forever changed by Fredric Horowitz report) |
Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Barring ARod for a year may "effectively" end his baseball career, but that ain't enough in my book. I want a lifetime suspension -- no playing, no coaching (look at Mcgwire), no Hall of Fame, nada, zilch, nothing.

Yes, Rose bet on games but no one ever (at least to my knowledge) ever claimed he even remotely threw a game or even a point to win a bet. And, yes, he lied about betting but so have the roid users and they're still eligible to become a member of the Hall of Fame. Sorry, I'd much rather see Charlie Hustle's name there with an asterisk than any roid user with or without an asterisk.

And, personally, I think ARod, Bonds, et al. are just as disgusting as Armstrong. The only athletes that should be using roids are professional wrestlers -- at least they're honest about it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Send a message via ICQ to bookseller49

i was hoping Arod would be vindicated so that the Yankees would have to pay him. now the Yankees can get Tanaka. It never ends.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.