Boston Red Sox Talk

Boston Red Sox Talk

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Congrats to the Boston Red Sox. Way to beat those Yankees!!
Nothing like the Bosox getting to celebrate winning both the American League East crown and the American League Divisional Series in the house of the Yankees. On to Houston!

Old 10-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Nothing like the Bosox getting to celebrate winning both the American League East crown and the American League Divisional Series in the house of the Yankees. On to Houston!
It's great that they won. It actually surprised me. I thought that the Yankees pitching was far superior. Obviously, they didn't perform when it was important.

I'm concerned about the bullpen. All year it's been about how do they get to Kimbrel and then Kimbrel does what he did last night.

Houston has several outstanding starters and their bullpen had the lowest ERA in the majors in September. They've been great all year.

It's going to be a tough series, but then again, all the series in October should be tough. We're down to the four best teams in baseball. At least the Sox have the home field advantage.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage

The Sox and the Astros split the regular season games 3-3. What's interesting is that they both won two of the three games on the road.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Boston Red Sox Talk
Old 10-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Default Boston Red Sox Talk

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox from a die hard Yankee fan. The better team won the series. I will be rooting for them to win. I always root for the American League East. We will see you next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox from a die hard Yankee fan. The better team won the series. I will be rooting for them to win. I always root for the American League East. We will see you next year!

Hasn't it been awesome to have had the greatest rivalry in sports in our backyards?

People often ask me if I hate the Yankees. While that's part of being a Boston fan, I always say that I appreciate the fact that the Yankees have existed so that fans on both sides have had the pleasure of this great rivalry.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:46 PM
Sage

When it comes right down to it, though, we love our team no matter what. They
are a wonderful distraction from reality. We live for this team day-by-day and
it's always tantalizing watching them play no matter what happens. As a
lifelong Yankee Fan, I do live and die with them. That being said You have to
give credit to the Red Sox. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually
going to root for them throughout! Hope the guy's from up north never find out!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:10 PM

Boston Red Sox Talk