Derek Jeter Great????

Derek Jeter Great????

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Derek Jeter Great????
Old 09-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Default Derek Jeter Great????

Keith Olbermann: Derek Jeter Not Greatest Shortstop Who Ever Lived (Video) | New York Yankees | NESN.com

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011

Old 09-24-2014, 05:01 AM
Sage

Gotta love Olberman. He certainly got this right.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Gold member

Olberman?????? Now why would I want to listen to him? All he does is find "fault" with people, so he can be controversial, and think he has the top news story of the day. H e was kicked off the regular news program he was doing, and now he has just sports. Lets face it, Derek Jeter was a great ball player, and he's going out with class, just like Brooks Robinson, and other great class ball players. What he did for his team, is what really counts, and not what some low class sports announcer says!! I respect all good hustling ball players.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Olberman?????? Now why would I want to listen to him? All he does is find "fault" with people, so he can be controversial, and think he has the top news story of the day. H e was kicked off the regular news program he was doing, and now he has just sports. Lets face it, Derek Jeter was a great ball player, and he's going out with class, just like Brooks Robinson, and other great class ball players. What he did for his team, is what really counts, and not what some low class sports announcer says!! I respect all good hustling ball players.
Did you listen to what Olbermann said? He never denied that Jeeter is a great player, just that he's not the greatest. Not of all time, not even of the Yankees. Jeeter will make the Hall of Fame because he has earned it and it will be well-deserved. That doesn't make him the greatest, but does make him one of the greats.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Sage

I found Keith's rant hilarious! Another ESPN gasbag, who needs the ratings as when he gets fired, he won't get a farewell tour. He should have mentioned Jeter led the league in dating, beautiful women. A classless essay, to back up his assertions.

A balllplayers greatness is measured by statistics, for most of the baseball fans. How about the intangibles Jeter has brought to the game. Having a champions heart and leading by example. He beat out a infield hit last night by hustling to first base. Something that Robbie Cano would never do. A- Rod had better stats at one point, but he never challenged Jeter for what he brought to the game and being classy.

Jeter is 6th for the most career hits and that's passing an awful lot of ballplayers, that have played the game!!! Playing 20 years is an accomplishment, that a lot of ballplayers would have wanted to have.

Jeter is a class act, unlike Obermann. Shame on you Keith for putting out such trash!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

I'm sure ya'll have seen the new Jeter commercial, its all over the internet. I didn't know anything about him but saw this video and flipped out. What a class act so I researched more and I wish more sports heros were as dignified, well mannered, loved their sport and the people that support him. I fell in love with this young man and wish more famous people would follow his lead. He is adored by his fans and rightly so.

Seriously, I never heard of the guy before but I think he's the best!!! OK, it might be a "Bronx" thing, but I wish he were my son!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Sage

He is the quintessential role model. He deserves every accolade attributed to him. And I am no Yankees fan.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

To whom is he responding or was this simply another of his "hate" rants which he is good at.

I mean, what might be the motivation to just try to tear down a man who has played the game with character....just cannot figure out WHY anyone would do this.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 AM

Yet another negative rant from the guy who gets the midnite time slot on ESPN's secondary channel. Who cares...or listens?
Jeter is a classy guy...Olberman clearly is not.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Gold member

yay to all

jeter = class