Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Baseball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/)
-   -   Go KC!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/go-kc-167739/)

2BNTV 10-30-2015 01:34 PM

Cubbies were my sentimental favorite but the Mets eliminated them.

The Mets have to win the next 4 out of 5 games, to win it all. Difficult but not impossible as it has be done before.

Being a long time Yankee fan and from NY, I have to root for the Mets.

RickeyD 10-30-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1138075)

The Mets have to win the next 4 out of 5 games, to win it all. Difficult but not impossible as it has be done before.

I think you've been away from NY too long. A true Yankee fan would never root for a National League team in the World Series, especially the Mets. Just sayin...Peace out

cmj1210 10-30-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1138087)
I think you've been away from NY too long. A true Yankee fan would never root for a National League team in the World Series, especially the Mets. Just sayin...Peace out

[emoji106]

Nucky 10-30-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1138075)

I always like the way you think. Come on it's gotta be THE METS. Some others who live in "Designers"? are not as benevolent as you and I. Now I hope the Mets murdalize the Royals. Play Ball.

golfing eagles 10-30-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUHLBACH1@HOTMAIL.COM (Post 1138135)
I always like the way you think. Come on it's gotta be THE METS. Some others who live in "Designers"? are not as benevolent as you and I. Now I hope the Mets murdalize the Royals. Play Ball.

YES!!! a voice of reason. What's a "Designers"???

2BNTV 10-31-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1138087)

Not all Yankee fans hate the Mets, but there are many Met fans who hate the Yankees. Just listen to WFAN in NY.

Your right there are in different leagues. Somehow, I just don't get the "hate" factor in all of sports.

zcaveman 10-31-2015 11:55 AM

I am a Yankee fan so I usually root for the AL team in the World Series. For some unknown reason I would like to see the Mets win it this year.

Z

golfing eagles 10-31-2015 12:09 PM

MEET THE METS,
MEET THE METS,
Step right up and greet the Mets!
Bring your kiddies,
bring your wife;
Guaranteed to have the time of your life
because the Mets are really sockin' the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall!
East side,
West side,
everybody's coming down
to meet the M-E-T-S Mets of New York town!

newguyintv 10-31-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1138435)
MEET THE METS,
MEET THE METS,
Step right up and greet the Mets!
Bring your kiddies,
bring your wife;
Guaranteed to have the time of your life
because the Mets are really sockin' the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall!
East side,
West side,
everybody's coming down
to meet the M-E-T-S Mets of New York town!

Sorry to have to report that I've been a die hard Yankee fan since the late 40s.

skip0358 10-31-2015 06:28 PM

Ex New Yorker still have to hope the Mets get er done.

CFrance 10-31-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmj1210 (Post 1137850)
Has everyone forgotten that the "Miracle Mets" won on a Buckner error in 1986. The Miracle was Buckner.

I remember! We were living in NJ. That was a great series.

But now I'm rooting for KC. KC in seven so we can watch the most games!

Nucky 11-01-2015 03:36 AM

The METS SUCK. I hope to the Lord its easier being a Dolphin, Jaguar, Buccaneer, or Marlin fan. NY teams raise your hopes and then smash them to bits. Kansas City makes you pay for all mistakes....sign of a great team. Congratulations but I hope if KC is gonna win that they win at home in the seventh game....see I can't just give it up and the METS aren't my best team.

redwitch 11-01-2015 06:03 AM

I'm hoping we take it in game six. I can't imagine Volquez is quite in the game right now and I'd love to see the Royals win at home.

GO ROYALS GO

Taltarzac725 11-01-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1138628)
I'm hoping we take it in game six. I can't imagine Volquez is quite in the game right now and I'd love to see the Royals win at home.

GO ROYALS GO

Would like to see seven games so my father can enjoy the World Series as much as possible this year even if his beloved Cubs are not in it.

CFrance 11-01-2015 07:37 AM

I would like to see the Mets win tonight so that KC can win the series at home.

You gotta love Mets fans, though. What a wild and crazy bunch!