Kansas City Royals Talk

Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Default Kansas City Royals Talk

Congrats to KC and Pittsburg I wonder what the ratings for the World Series will be.

Last edited by Ad poster; 10-11-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

KC was at 16-1 and Pittsburgh 14-1 to win the World Series prior to winning the Wild Card Playoffs games. The Dodgers and Angels are both at 5-1. I don't think much has changed because of one win.

It was great for the Royals fans to have a post season game after so many years and it was especially great for them that they won. But I wouldn't bet the farm on either the Royals or the Pirates going much further.

These additional wildcard playoff games only serve to make more money for MLB and the teams by allowing four more teams who have little chance of going anywhere to have one more game. Of course the Red Sox won the WS in 2004 as a Wild Card team, but they had a better record than two of the first place teams in the league. In fact, they had the third best record in all of baseball which is why it's good to have a wild card team.

In the case of the Pirates and Giants, they were ties so I think that additional game was a good thing. One more team is not bad when that team is close, but I am concerned that they're going to keep expanding the playoffs until we have a bunch of team that shouldn't be there. Of course the weather conditions prevent baseball from extending the season much longer so maybe that will never be a problem.

I'd love to see the teams seeded according to their record by the way with no regard for whether or not they won their division by the way. Same with football. I don't like to see a team with a much better record having the home field advantage simply because they were in a weaker division. It's happened too many times.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Congrats to KC and Pittsburg I wonder what the ratings for the World Series will be.
Live Major League Baseball Scores | MLB.com: Scoreboard

Do not the Pirates have to get past the Giants tonight?
Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Live Major League Baseball Scores | MLB.com: Scoreboard

Do not the Pirates have to get past the Giants tonight?
Yes they do.

Z
Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I have been to a lot of baseball games, but never one with that much emotion and excitement - not even close. The Royals are simply not a team that comes back from four down late in a game like that. In fact they scored the fewest runs of any AL team this year and won most of their games with good starting pitching and an exceptional bullpen and some timely, if weak hitting. The atmosphere last night was more like a college football rivalry game than ML baseball. This town is on a sports high right now with the Chiefs beating the Pats on Monday night and the Royals win last night. KC deserves a little success.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Sage

What a game!!!! An instant classic!

I thought the Giants would win, because their starting pitcher had a great track record for the playoffs!

He pitched a shutout. Giants 8 Pirates 0.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Royals v. Giants

Yippee!!! I can't lose.

My beloved Royals playing my hometown team. I definitely want the Royals to win but won't be heartbroken if SF did.

So, anyone want to meet up some place to watch the Series? I really don't know the sports bars around here but definitely want to see it on a big screen.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Nor can my wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Yippee!!! I can't lose.

My beloved Royals playing my hometown team. I definitely want the Royals to win but won't be heartbroken if SF did.

So, anyone want to meet up some place to watch the Series? I really don't know the sports bars around here but definitely want to see it on a big screen.
My wife's sister lives and works in K.C. and her son lives and works in San Fran, so she can't lose either. She will have mixed feelings but it won't be a *major* loss either way. Let me check with her and I'll see what she'd like to do. I'll watch this post for locations as today is our 3rd-week anniversary of becoming frogs so I have limited knowledge regarding local spots.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Sage

Go Royals!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but 29 years is a long time, between championships.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Sage

And their last series was great. Everything you could ask for, plus they beat the Cards!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Go Royals!!!!

Kansas City Is revved up like nothing I have ever seen. Known as the City of Foutains, most have been dyed royal blue. This is fun times for a city that has not had much sporting success over the last several years.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Kansas City Is revved up like nothing I have ever seen. Known as the City of Foutains, most have been dyed royal blue. This is fun times for a city that has not had much sporting success over the last several years.
I have been in various cities when they won the World Series (Minneapolis) or the Superbowl (near Palo Alto for the 49ers). Quite an experience. I rooted for San Francisco teams for much of my life but would like to see the long term underdog Royals win. Not underdogs in this World Series though. The Royals seem to be favored slightly by the experts.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-21-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Sage

May be from the Bay Area but love my Royals!! Started with the Quis and never looked back. Wish I could see KC all decked out in Royal blue. I'm jealous.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Default KC Royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Last year, we were just excited to be in the World Series. This year we wanted to win it! No individual egos got in the way, just a team mentality.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:47 AM

Besides the blue fountains everywhere, fireworks were going off like it was the Fourth of July!

Tags
royals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.