Rays Win! Rays Win!

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Tampa is having a great year for sports!! Good for them.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Made it nerve-wracking after winning the first three. But they’re going to the World Series!

Congrats to the Rays!
The Rays are playing the Dodgers both teams had the best record in their leagues. Should be a good series.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Made it nerve-wracking after winning the first three. But they’re going to the World Series!

Congrats to the Rays!
Congrats to both World Series teams! But do any of them take a knee when OUR National Anthem is being played. Please don’t say what difference does it make. I’ll watch the games as long as I see some respect. Glad to see some different teams play.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:43 AM
Default Finish it off, Rays

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I am pulling for the small market team that drafts and developers their talent and operates their business on a tight budget. Go Rays!
They are fresh air in the sports world. I hope success doesn't make them move from the Tampa area which should support them better.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
They are fresh air in the sports world. I hope success doesn't make them move from the Tampa area which should support them better.
Old story with the Rays. I was in St. Pete for the beginning (Devil Rays). Much debate on whether south St. Pete (Pinellas County) could support that team. In reality fan attendance has really not even been moderately successful. The commute at the end of rush hour from Hillsborough county is the pits. Contracts with the team owners at the time tied them to St. Pete. Interesting read on how this team survives. I encourage you to look it up.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,615 Times in 5,196 Posts

Are there any other posters who didn't understand this thread, and had to Google it?

The Rays are actually called the Tampa Bay Rays. It is a baseball team.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Are there any other posters who didn't understand this thread, and had to Google it?

My op included reference to the World Series. Didn’t get it from that? Not a baseball fan, are you. Just funnin’ with ya.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:06 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

Who are you talking too? The Rays may be called Tampa Bay but they have very little home attendance from the Tampa side of the bay.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default ARE !!! There it is , what’s a talk of villagers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Congrats to both World Series teams! But do any of them take a knee when OUR National Anthem is being played. Please don’t say what difference does it make. I’ll watch the games as long as I see some respect. Glad to see some different teams play.
thread without bringing up the knee issue. People have right to protest whatever injustice that they feel strongly about peacefully by any means they choose isn’t that what all the wars were about Freedom after 11 years in Vietnam , Laos and Cambodia as both soldier and civilian followed by many more years in Africa , and Central and South America and ending in Pakistan , that flag has always looked a little tarnished to me
Old 10-20-2020, 10:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
thread without bringing up the knee issue. People have right to protest whatever injustice that they feel strongly about peacefully by any means they choose isn’t that what all the wars were about Freedom after 11 years in Vietnam , Laos and Cambodia as both soldier and civilian followed by many more years in Africa , and Central and South America and ending in Pakistan , that flag has always looked a little tarnished to me
Your right they have a right to protest but why during the National Anthem or while the American Flag is being raised. If they want to kneel they should be in church praying for what their problems are. It’s not the military or the flag. If it was they wouldn’t be playing a game & making millions of dollars a yr. It’s call DISRESPECT. It’s the wrong place to be be protesting because daddy left them when they were little. I had 5 uncles die in World War II. So don’t preach to me about what these million dollar cry babies issues are. Why don’t they go protest on a military base where it’ll mean something. I guarantee you they would stand next time. Cry babies!
Old 10-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
You answered my point! The Pro Football players have a right to kneel when the Anthem & our flag is raised even though they MIGHT be protesting something else. Well I know how you’re voting! Thanks for your input.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage

There are people from both parties that have no problem with peaceful demonstrations , using whatever means possible. The Supreme Court even ruled that flag burning was a legal form of freedom of expression .. The Iplayers have said since it all started that it was not disrespect of the flag or the troops but to call attention to the problems of social injustice . I always wondered when people were boycotting the NFL at the beginning and giving up Papa Johns pizza good thing for some people bad things got employees of stores, why the Military was still advertising during games , uniformed soldiers were attending games and Air Force were still doing flyovers perhaps those young men and woman understood what the word freedom means
Old 10-21-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage
Default If they were all brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Your right they have a right to protest but why during the National Anthem or while the American Flag is being raised. If they want to kneel they should be in church praying for what their problems are. It’s not the military or the flag. If it was they wouldn’t be playing a game & making millions of dollars a yr. It’s call DISRESPECT. It’s the wrong place to be be protesting because daddy left them when they were little. I had 5 uncles die in World War II. So don’t preach to me about what these million dollar cry babies issues are. Why don’t they go protest on a military base where it’ll mean something. I guarantee you they would stand next time. Cry babies!
please notify the DOD so they can be put on the list along with the Sullivan’s who seem to be the only group of brothers who died in WW2 and sorry for the loss , they died to keep this country free
Old 10-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage

My apologies to everyone for so audaciously posting such an obviously political topic.

Sheesh.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

This didn't age well. Hoping for better tonight!!!

Tags
rays, win, series, world, they’re

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.