Big papi

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts
Default Big papi

As a Lifelong Yankee Fan after the Boston Bombing when David Ortiz gave his inspirational speech he single-handedly turned the feeling that many of us had in our heart around. After all, it really is only a game. What a bunch of Pinheads we all were on both sides for taking it for more than just a good-natured rivalry.

I have nothing but Love and Respect for him and The Red Sox and feel terrible for the recent events that have changed his life forever. He will take this terrible situation and turn into something positive. He is a Good Man and our family wishes him well.

David Ortiz rallies the Boston crowd after Boston Marathon tragedy - YouTube
'Big Papi' David Ortiz, Ex-Boston Red Sox Slugger, Stable After Being Shot in Dominican Republic - YouTube

no hay nadie mejor que tu
Old 06-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Bosoxfan

Very well said my friend.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,397 Times in 2,255 Posts

Pretty awesome that the Sox sent a plane down to take him back to Boston for further medical treatment.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
As a Lifelong Yankee Fan after the Boston Bombing when David Ortiz gave his inspirational speech he single-handedly turned the feeling that many of us had in our heart around. After all, it really is only a game. What a bunch of Pinheads we all were on both sides for taking it for more than just a good-natured rivalry.

I have nothing but Love and Respect for him and The Red Sox and feel terrible for the recent events that have changed his life forever. He will take this terrible situation and turn into something positive. He is a Good Man and our family wishes him well.

David Ortiz rallies the Boston crowd after Boston Marathon tragedy - YouTube
'Big Papi' David Ortiz, Ex-Boston Red Sox Slugger, Stable After Being Shot in Dominican Republic - YouTube

no hay nadie mejor que tu
I saw that on the Evening news. Very sad.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

My Bride and all her 100 family members are Cardinals fans.

Sat and watched the Sox win the World Series.

I thought DO was a class act back then.

He was amazing during the bombing.

Speedy recovery DO!!!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Gold member

Big Papi is a good man, and this Yankee fan wishes him a full and speedy recovery. Unfortunately he is well known for hanging around with a bad crowd, in bad places in the DR, and this awful event was probably inevitable. I read that he didn't have much security and relied on his fans to protect him. Hopefully if he continues to go clubbing in Santiago, he'll invest in bodyguards.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I find it amazing that a baseball superstar gets shot in his native Dominican Republic and the entire country is up in arms .. yet several people have been killed in exclusive resorts in the touristy area of Punta Cana DR and no one gives a care. My conspiracy theory is that the revered Papi did something to deserve it.. random tourists didnt do anything to deserve their untimely fate.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I find it amazing that a baseball superstar gets shot in his native Dominican Republic and the entire country is up in arms .. yet several people have been killed in exclusive resorts in the touristy area of Punta Cana DR and no one gives a care. My conspiracy theory is that the revered Papi did something to deserve it.. random tourists didnt do anything to deserve their untimely fate.
I was not going to post on this at all, but I am amazed at this publicity also.

DR has been cited so many times as a nation in which ALL want to leave because of crime in that country...I am sure you saw all the headlines,

I wish him well of course....he is a fellow human being, but canonizing him because he was a MLB player is a bit overdone. He IS worth a reported 45 MILLION dollars.

Nothing much is ever said about the poor slobs worth nothing who get shot each day in our OWN country....that we accept...this we get all upset about.

Sorry but just a bad day I guess. I am betting that in the game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals tonight, he is memoralized.

Great player but as a super baseball fan I recall all the cheating rumors, the bling and such, but I wish him well for sure.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Big Papi's wife said his condition is improving. Thankfully. He was the one who was CANONized. A small Canon. Bringing Up What his Worth, Status as a Retired Ball Player, Cheating, Bling has to do at a time when a guy gets blasted just leaves me befuddled.

There are just as many reports about him doing good things for people. I think not kicking a Man or Person while their down is applicable in a situation like this. If anybody needs a link, find it yourself. I think you could almost consider that Bullying to some extent. Big Papi went from Rags To Riches. I admire him and pray for his speedy recovery.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Big Papi's wife said his condition is improving. Thankfully. He was the one who was CANONized. A small Canon. Bringing Up What his Worth, Status as a Retired Ball Player, Cheating, Bling has to do at a time when a guy gets blasted just leaves me befuddled.

There are just as many reports about him doing good things for people. I think not kicking a Man or Person while their down is applicable in a situation like this. If anybody needs a link, find it yourself. I think you could almost consider that Bullying to some extent. Big Papi went from Rags To Riches. I admire him and pray for his speedy recovery.
Your words were that you "loved and respected him". No bigger sports fan or baseball fan than me, but I cannot say I "love or respect"......especially love.

My point was adoration because he was shot.....over the years on this same forum, I have expressed shock and revulsion because of slaughter of children. Not received well at all. On the other news site, a story about a baby who was abused, nobody said a word.

His wealth and especially the drugs were meant to balance your love and respect for him, a man you do not know.

You certainly have the right to feel how you feel, and no critics may of that...I join you as I said in the post you are replying to that I wished him well. I simply wish we, not you, we respected people more for their actual actions and morals, rather than their money, etc.

Especially since DR is involved. We sort of "kick" that country around.

That simple
Old 06-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

David Ortiz shooting: Suspects were paid $8K for Big Papi hit

Quote:
Six men are now in custody in the Dominican Republic tied to the attempted murder of baseball star David Ortiz, authorities announced Wednesday, saying it was a coordinated attack for which the men were allegedly paid the equivalent of $8,000.

Jean Alain Rodríguez Sánchez, the Dominican Republic’s chief prosecutor, spoke at a press briefing, indicating that authorities believe they have the alleged shooter in custody but are still pursuing one more suspect. They still haven’t announced a motive for the attack on Ortiz or who paid for it.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:42 AM
Sage

Lots more to come on a loved and respected man.

I suppose I am old and measure a man differently.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Lots more to come on a loved and respected man.

I suppose I am old and measure a man differently.
I was going to delete the above post, but I have indicated to the mods exactly my feelings and intentions. I am posting this because the stories I am hearing are not yet validated and thus may only be rumors.

My thought process is how we ignore many who deserve our sympathy and kindness and "love and respect" someone for having money and hitting a baseball. THATS IT...ONLY THAT.

Not meant to disparage Ortiz at all. Just reading I felt compelled because of other headlines from that country to point out and ask how he deserves that kind of attention over weak and innocents.

Hoping this stays but if not, the mods know what I mean and my intent. Others who replied totally tried to make it something it is not.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Some of the theories regarding the shooting bring back memories of Marcellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
terrible, hay, feel, recent, changed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.