Will they be playing baseball in the snow this November??

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Taltarzac
Default Will they be playing baseball in the snow this November??

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

I know a lot has to happen before the Twins play for the World Series in their new outdoor stadium this November. They have to get past those Damn Yankees to begin with. And there has to be a more than 4 game World Series as the last three games are in November. I thought it was supposed to be the Boys of October?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Taltarzac
Default No baseball in the snow at least in Minneapolis this November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

I know a lot has to happen before the Twins play for the World Series in their new outdoor stadium this November. They have to get past those Damn Yankees to begin with. And there has to be a more than 4 game World Series as the last three games are in November. I thought it was supposed to be the Boys of October?
Go Rays!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage
Default November Snow

There is a slight possibility if the Yankees play the Phillies. The other teams are in warmer weather climate or a dome stadium, (Rays).

I am a traditionalists in that I wish the schedule was 154 instead of 162 games, (no asterik would have been given to Roger Maris for surpassing the most home runs in a season). The changing of the division to allow a wild card was supposedly for making the pennant races more exciting.
Both of these ideas have extended the games into November solely because the owners wanted to generate more revenue. What else is new!!!!

I agree the baseball season should be over by the middle of October at the latest. I would never have thought that drinking hot chocolate/wearing winter jackets to keep warm at a baseball game would be necessary. A lot of players would prefer warmer weather as it can affect their ability to grip a baseball, (especially pitchers) and hitting can be painful if it is cold.

IMHO - The Yankees did not go all out the win the division, (wild card team), as the manager wanted to position his team to play Minnesota that resulted in a sweep.

Yankee vs Rays or Texas in the next round.

Go Yankees.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 PM

It will be the Rays. The Rangers (my hometown team) gave up their chance in Game 3 and won't recover. And besides, Cliff Lee doesn't need to audition for his mega-contract with the Yankees anyway (I don't care what the local sports reporters say, Lee isn't re-signing with us).
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Platinum member

An easy fix to finish the season earlier is to play Sunday doubleheaders. This way the playoffs will be finished by mid October. The World Series would be beginning right about now
Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Sage

I vote for starting the season earlier and if there is snow, they can schedule more doubleheaders for all teams during the season. Arrange it so they will finish by mid October.

I remember the days when you could see a doubleheaders for the price of one ticket. I would have to be dreaming if I think they would allow this again, as the owners want to reap maximum profits. Just recently, the Yankees and the Red Sox played a doubleheader and they had one hour to empty and refill the stadium for the second game.

IMHO - I would not like to see doubleheaders in the playoff as teams tend to split those.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.