Tampa Bay Rays Talk

Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Default Tampa Bay Rays Talk

Just moved to the Villages from St. Petersburg, FL. Had no trouble watching Rays baseball on TV. Now I learn that Comcast here has a limited contract with Sunsports. Hardly any Rays Baseball available. Is anyone else frustrated? this is soon to be a playoff team.

Last edited by Ad poster; 08-16-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Eternal Member

The Rays are on SUN channel 41. It is hit and miss as to when they are on or blacked out. I click on 41 to see if they are on and watch them. If something else is on - oh, well!

And to answer your question - yes it is frustrating!! Especially when they are playing the Yankees and I can't watch them!!!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:04 PM

Get directv. I get all of the Rays games. And yes they are a fun team to watch.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Default Rays on Comcast

I may have to switch to Direct TV. If Comcast wants to compete seems like they would come around. If enough either complain or switch they will. That's what happened in Naples and other Florida Comcast markets. They now carry all Rays games that are broadcast on Sunsports.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Default blocked out football games

Just remember those people who have the Football package with Direct TV and want to watch a game that is not sold out ( Tampa ) you will not be able to watch it, now that is a bummer.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:49 PM

We just got down here three days ago and had the cable installed. Much to my hubby's dismay, he found out he can't watch the Yankees (unless they play the Rays).
Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudacee View Post
We just got down here three days ago and had the cable installed. Much to my hubby's dismay, he found out he can't watch the Yankees (unless they play the Rays).
We have Comcast and for $199.99 extra for baseball season, we are able to watch the NYY....except when they play the Rays..

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
I may have to switch to Direct TV. If Comcast wants to compete seems like they would come around. If enough either complain or switch they will. That's what happened in Naples and other Florida Comcast markets. They now carry all Rays games that are broadcast on Sunsports.
It is all in the market. We are not part of that market. We are considered north Florida and we are stuck with that division of programs. During football season I would rather watch the Dolphins instead of the Jaguars but that will not be thanks to the contracts that were signed by the NFL and the local affiliates.

But paying $199 to watch the Yankees or switching to Direct TV is not in my future. I will go to the internet and just follow the scoring.

I catch the Yankees and the Giants when I can and am happy when I do.

I tried some of the local sports bars for the games but the crowds and the rowdiness turned me off.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 PM

How is it that I can watch Rays Baseball in Panama City Florida on Sunsports? Aren't they North Florida. Programming changes occur in local markets when the local market speaks up.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.