Tommy post season roster predictions for Yankees

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Platinum member
Default Tommy post season roster predictions for Yankees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will be the final playoff roster? My expectations

Catchers-
Martin, Stewart.

Infield
Cano, Jeter, Arod, Teixeira, Chavez, Nunez
Outfield-
Swisher, Ichiro, Granderson, Ibanez, and the question- Who else.

Possibilities – Andruw Jones, Dickerson and or Brett Gardner???

My guess is one of these three will make the team.

Although Jones has played all season with the team he has proved he is done. No time for loyalty in the playoffs. Rumors are Gardner will make the team. I disagree and would rather have Dickerson because eof Teixeira’s uncertainty. If Tex goes down, Swish will need to play firstbase. Dickerson is also a fast runner and great defender.

Starting Pitchers-
CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte, Hiroki Kuroda and pray for rain.

Phil Hughes leads (tie with Kuroda) the team with wins but his inconsistency and habit of giving up home runs at the worst possible time is scary. Can you trust him in a big game?

Ivan Nova- Fell apart at the end of the season. Hunch says something is hurting him. Not dependable at this time.

David Phelps- The rookie who has come out of nowhere. Poised and consistent. I have more confidence in him over the previous mentioned starters. He could also be the long man if one of the other starters doesn’t do well.

If two out of these three make it- Ivan Nova should be the odd man out. Again, loyalty does not count in choosing the playoff roster.

We now have 18 players. Room for seven relievers. Who does not make roster?

Soriano, Robertson, Rapada, Eppley, Logan, Garcia, Chamberlain, Lowe

I like Lowe because of his experience and his sinker which brings ground ball outs.

I don’t think Jaba Chamberlain is 100% back yet.

Garcia is dangerous as a starter but his stuff is solid enough to get thru the lineup one time. I trust him in a two inning relief.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Platinum member

Excellent analysis, Tom.

Phelps is the 4th starter. No confidence in Joba.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage

Tom:

Very good assessment.

My guess Giradi will go with Gardner as he likes players who have experience.
I disagree in that Gardner is also an excellent defensive replacement because of his speed. Also, he can pitch run if a base needs to be stolen. I think he is able to hit if needed.

I agree Andruw Jones is done and should be left off the roster.

I like Phelps as the fourth starter but Giradi will go with Hughes and bring Phelps in long relief if necessary. Maybe it should be this way instead of Hughes first but it won't happen as Giradi likes his experiences players. Who knows if Phil will finally pitch a gem in the fourth game of a series. Ivan Nova should be off the roster, I agree he is too inconsistent and I agree that he must have physical problems that he will never admit to. I'm not sure if leaving off Freddy the roster is a good idea as you can never have too much pitching. If one leaves Freddy off the roster, then you have Dickerson or Nix if he is healthy enough to play. Nix did a good job this year filling in and is a fast runner.

That's 25 players.

Go Yankees!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.