Who watches Major League Baseball

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts
Default Who watches Major League Baseball

After years of not watching MLB I decided to come back and try this year from the start. You know really get into it. Since I am in Florida now and trying to break the mold of your old home town is the favorite I picked Tampa Bay Rays. I gave it three innings. Probably the grossest thing I've seen on television in years. I timed it. In five minutes I seen 10 exhibitions of spitting in HD. One was inside the dugout. My choice is not to watch and that is my choice. I didn't count the amount of testicle tugging although not as much as projectile saliva heaving that I observed. How do you fans watch this stuff without getting queasy ?
Old 03-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I don't watch or support in any of the so called professorial team sports ending with Ball
College different story
Old 03-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,759 Posts

The hundreds of HD spitting events in any major league baseball game literally turns my stomach. The fields and dirt must be saturated by spittle from the years of it occurring. I imagine it started with the tobacco chaw and gum chewing so prevalent in baseball

I am watching the Tampa Bay - Boston Red Sox game right now. I notice in the Sox dugout three one gallon or so size barrels full of Dubble Bubble chewing gum!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-31-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Spitting? Bubble Gum? Professional Testicle Tugging?

I sure am glad my T.V. came with a power button!
Old 03-31-2018, 09:50 PM
Sage

Is this thread serious ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2018, 10:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Well, as far as baseball-the game.... I simply cannot watch that sport for too long anymore. sloooooooooow. The nation's pastime is simply way too slow and way too long. The old 'watching paint dry' is so true. And with many pro sports now - I tend to not get into watching multimillionaires playing a game and still complaining. done.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

As long as they are standing when its important to me before the game they can carry on as necessary. My dad used to say leave it alone it will grow. About a million jokes are going through my mind I better conclude now.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I love baseball. Love it. I even love watching pitching duels. I also love watching my home team who, unfortunately, rarely had a winning season in the last quarter century. (There's always a new year.)

I love every technical thing about the game, plus the fact that it's on almost every day. I just ignore the spitting and the tugging. I actually don't see too much tugging anymore, so that piece of sports equipment must have gotten better design down through the years. I could do without the spitting, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying the sport.

To each his own.

Last edited by CFrance; 04-01-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Platinum member

Do not watch MLB. I watch college baseball once the CWS starts. I watch college softball all season long, through the regionals and CWS.. during regular season, I only watch SEC teams.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage

Only if the Yankees are playing but this thread isn't about sports watching, it's more about what players do between pitches. IMHO

If one is a Tampa Rays fan, Dish covers almost all of their games on channel 412.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Spitting doesn't bother me too much. It's the "snot rockets" that gross me out.. Then they wipe the remnants on their sleeves..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I love baseball. Love it. I even love watching pitching duels. I also love watching my home team who, unfortunately, rarely had a winning season in the last quarter century. (There's always a new year.)

I love every technical thing about the game, plus the fact that it's on almost every day. I just ignore the spitting and the tugging. I actually don't see too much tugging anymore, so that piece of sports equipment must have gotten better design down through the years. I could do without the spitting, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying the sport.

To each his own.
me too
Old 04-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
me too
Me three.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Only if the Yankees are playing but this thread isn't about sports watching, it's more about what players do between pitches. IMHO

If one is a Tampa Rays fan, Dish covers almost all of their games on channel 412.
The between pitches thing is why I stopped watching years ago. It must be 90% of the time it takes to play a game. Nothing has changed except the size and clarity of my TV screen.
I settle down in front of my 60 inch HD beauty in my man cave. Got a bowl of ice cream with maple syrup on top. Can't get better than this (at my age).
Picture gets ball and fiddles with it in his glove. Camera zooms in but my new TV amazes me, I can count the stitches on the threads. Picture stares at catcher. Shakes head, no. Pitcher looks to first base, stare down. Pitcher looks back at catcher. Fiddles ball inside glove again. Looks like we are going to do it. No pitcher throws ball to first base. Now pitcher keeps touching brim of hat before starting the whole routine again. Here it comes again but wait pitcher seems to be stalling a bit more than normal and the batter steps out of the box. My TV working perfect I can even count the whiskers on the batters three day old unshaven face. Batter steps back in box, umpire motions for pitcher to throw in ball for examination. Umpire looks at something gives ball to catcher to throw back to pitcher. Routine starts again. Looking good. Pitcher stares at ground with a TV camera closeup and there it is - he curls his tongue up and heaves a honker so vivid it appears to be in 3D with a force that could knock a buzzard off a s--t wagon at 100 ft. Totally ruined my ice cream sundae. Pitch was wide outside. Let's do it again. I switched to the golf channel.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

I watch the game and enjoy it between sips of my beverage and snacks. It don’t get much better except an occasional trip (After the monthly check comes) to the ballpark for a hot dog and cold beverage. PLAY BALL!

Tags
choice, years, watch, dugout, timed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.