Nba

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts
Default Nba

Is anyone as disgusted with Lebron James, James Harden, Steph Curry, Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the NBA as I am? I am so done watching NBA basketball.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Is anyone as disgusted with Lebron James, James Harden, Steph Curry, Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the NBA as I am? I am so done watching NBA basketball.
I am.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I haven't watched a NBA game in years, and no plan for the future.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Nope .. don;t care .. stopped watching NBA years ago .. Probably around the time Dennis Rodman was around .. Couldnt name more than a few players .. More thugs per team as a percentage than any other professional sport
Old 10-16-2019, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Unfortunately, the notoriety hogs do command the attention of the media. Hence lending a false authority to a mere personal opinion.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Professional Sports People are for our ENTERTAINMENT. NOTHING MORE. Who cares what they think. In this case, SHUT UP and Dribble! Nice Thread tophcha, Ten Likes Easy! Maybe More!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I'm tired of all sports except golf hunting and fishing
Way PGA is going golf will soon join the list
Old 10-16-2019, 05:15 PM

I would NOT watch an NBA game even if it was held in street in front of my house! PERIOD!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Doesn't bother me any more than it would bother me if a cashier a Publix tweeted their opinion. Wouldn't change my shopping habits at all.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Unfortunately, the notoriety hogs do command the attention of the media. Hence lending a false authority to a mere personal opinion.
Couldn't you say the same thing about Hollywood actors/actresses? I don't understand why their political opinions have any value.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere View Post
Doesn't bother me any more than it would bother me if a cashier a Publix tweeted their opinion. Wouldn't change my shopping habits at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Couldn't you say the same thing about Hollywood actors/actresses? I don't understand why their political opinions have any value.
You both obviously don't get it about their hypocrisy. It is not their opinion that upsets people. In this wonderful country we live in everyone has a right to their opinion. The issue here is that they have one opinion when it get's them lots of likes on their tweets, but doesn't cost them any money. Then their opinion takes a 180 degree turn when the same or very similar opinion suddenly could effect their already ridiculously outrageous income stream. It has nothing to do with their opinions, it is about the hypocrisy.

On another note, at least the NBA commissioner seemed to finally grow a set of stones today when he refused China's demand that the NBA employee that tweeted "Free Hong Kong, support Democracy" be fired. He told China, not a chance, we won't even discipline him for exercising his right of free speech. His response is going to cost the NBA billions of dollars, but at least the league finally stood up for what is right versus seeking to maximize their revenue potential while be extorted.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Comrade LeBron never went to college and has absolutely no credibility on China, except for the fact that his brand makes millions there, and wants to make millions more. People need to start giving pampered, rich athletes a lot less attention, along with the know-nothing Hollywood crowd, and pay a lot more attention to China, who is heck-bent on taking over the world at the expense of human rights.

Last edited by collie1228; 10-19-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
You both obviously don't get it about their hypocrisy.
You're right, I don't get it. Don't have the Twitter. Don't want it. Don't worry myself about other people's opinions, or why I think they changed them.

If I decided that all hypocrites were unworthy of my support, I wouldn't be able to vote.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I always find it interesting when someone whines about a celebrity/sports figure/Etc. voicing their opinion, as if the minute they become more identifiable than the complainer...they should somehow not be allowed the same rights that you (a commoner) have.

And I'm sure it is just pure coincidence, that the outrage only applies...when it's something that isn't agreed with.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to take actions, boycott, or speak out in opposition...if you don't like that person's opinion.

Regardless of where they work...or even don't work.

Freedom of speech IS the very foundation of our nation (hint: that's why it is the FIRST amendment).

Don't like it?

I'm pretty sure you can always find a place to live...that doesn't allow freedom of speech.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I always find it interesting when someone whines about a celebrity/sports figure/Etc. voicing their opinion, as if the minute they become more identifiable than the complainer...they should somehow not be allowed the same rights that you (a commoner) have.

And I'm sure it is just pure coincidence, that the outrage only applies...when it's something that isn't agreed with.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to take actions, boycott, or speak out in opposition...if you don't like that person's opinion.

Regardless of where they work...or even don't work.

Freedom of speech IS the very foundation of our nation (hint: that's why it is the FIRST amendment).

Don't like it?

I'm pretty sure you can always find a place to live...that doesn't allow freedom of speech.
So the NBA player is allowed an opinion, but the forum poster is not? Hmm.
Closed Thread

Tags
nba, james, hypocrites, basketball, rest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.