BATTERY BOYS - Simply the Best!!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Talking Best price and service from Battery Boys!

I do not post many things as I seem to be still trying to adapt to The Villages and Florida as we are from Southern California.

Anyway, in California I have never seen a gas cart so I brought my 2006 Precedent with me, electric version. Long story made short, I needed batteries and shopped around and found the best deal and prompt service from David and the crew at Battery Boys.

Nathan Lewis, the tech that came out was outstanding, I am picky so this is an unusual thing for me to give praise.

Great job at a great price..... $669.95 for 4 -12 volt Trojan T 1275's installed with old ones taken away, great deal!

Ed Doran

Last edited by doran; 12-04-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
golfingnut.....Now be honest. would you rather have your battery blow up or your spouse? I'd take the battery every time
funny… go to the battery boys next time!!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Had a full charge on my cart, pulled out of the garage and drove about a mile an noticed that the state of charge meter indicated I had lost one bar already. Then I noticed a hot smell and thought OH &*^&. Stopped, pulled up the seat to check things out and could smell a hot something. Felt around and found one wire very hot and also loose. As I wiggled it around I apparently caused and arch and Ka Blue EEEEEEEE. With my face only about 18 inch from the battery, for some reason the Battery was kind enough to split on the side away from me and battery acid shot out into the parking lot that way. Oh Yea, I feel very fortunate to have both my eyes.

Well, I called **** Aide and they had me loaded and back in my garage in less than 45 minutes. That was impressive. Called Battery Boys over on CR 108 and they supplied me with the proper battery and a new cable and I am back on the road again. Battery Boys are priced very reasonable and they know their business.

At 65, lived on a farm, have been my own mechanic all my life and that was the first battery I even witnessed blowing up. It is real loud and could have been devastatingly dangerous.

NOTE TO SELF: If something smells hot stand back and call the professionals.
golfingnut.....Now be honest. would you rather have your battery blow up or your spouse? I'd take the battery every time
Old 09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Veteran member
Default Battery Explosion

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 02-12-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Sage
Default Close call

Glad you are ok and didn't get hurt. A dangerous situation for sure. We just got back from Sumter in our cart and on one of the hills coming out of a tunnel a man and a woman were pushing their golf cart up the hill. We stopped to see if they needed assistance and they indicated that they did. Hubby helped them push the cart of the hill. They indicated their battery cart didn't have enough "juice" to make it up the hill. We are happy we have gas carts with a fuel Gage on them.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Sage
Default Batteries will blow up

Had a full charge on my cart, pulled out of the garage and drove about a mile an noticed that the state of charge meter indicated I had lost one bar already. Then I noticed a hot smell and thought OH &*^&. Stopped, pulled up the seat to check things out and could smell a hot something. Felt around and found one wire very hot and also loose. As I wiggled it around I apparently caused and arch and Ka Blue EEEEEEEE. With my face only about 18 inch from the battery, for some reason the Battery was kind enough to split on the side away from me and battery acid shot out into the parking lot that way. Oh Yea, I feel very fortunate to have both my eyes.

Well, I called **** Aide and they had me loaded and back in my garage in less than 45 minutes. That was impressive. Called Battery Boys over on CR 108 and they supplied me with the proper battery and a new cable and I am back on the road again. Battery Boys are priced very reasonable and they know their business.

At 65, lived on a farm, have been my own mechanic all my life and that was the first battery I even witnessed blowing up. It is real loud and could have been devastatingly dangerous.

NOTE TO SELF: If something smells hot stand back and call the professionals.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.