Dremmels, bubbles,

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2015, 04:01 AM
Angry Dremmels, bubbles,

Nail beds and stubble.
I went to Starlight Nails in Lk. Sumter Landing this morning for: removal of tips and application of new nails.
After being drummeled to death, there was zero soaking done. Most of my old nails were lifted off but....
I had a delightful convo with the nail tech and he was done in 1 1/4 hrs. My skin was zapped four times and he paid attention to my thumb burn. I had chemical burn yrs ago and continue to have issues.
After I left the salon, I was in my car and, in daylight, I saw bubbles in the white tips as well as lines from new tips placed on my beds. With much gnashing of teeth, I walked back in to the shop and addressed these issues with my tech. He insisted that "bubbles are normal with the powder and the outline of tips on my beds was from them being sanded too much in last fill and that is MY nail; not the new tip". He filed out the "normal bubbles" and miraculously made the dremmel Gods remove the gouges done by the last lousy job. I pointed out the man HERE who had done them before!
After leaving again, ( now 2 hrs plus chair time), I got home and looked at the nails. The white tips were 1/3 of the nail on left and 5/8 of bed on right thumb. ALL tips,were way too deep in white. I rang back and said, "I hate my nails" to the lovely woman on the phone. We discussed why and Jennie called out to come in at 1:30 and she will fix them
Upon my return, another gent began taking the nails off and started by saying, "oh. These so pretty! Why change?" He said it three times and I was ticked off.
We were sitting next to the original tech who was tipped $10 earlier for a poor job by the end. Funny. He never apologized.
Nails soaked, Jennie took over and by three hours in the chair, she advised "You owe me $5 difference. These are $40"
The correct thing is, next set free or here's $$ back from earlier or I am sorry. Nothing of the sort.
As a customer, I feel that, in an effort to retain customers, bend over backwards to satisfy me. As it is, I write this note to tell you that not only was I up charged, I sat for three hours, ten minutes for a 50 minute job.
Come on, Jennie give me nails, not a mugging.
She did a nicer job but I am done.
So, John gouged me and Donny insisted my bubbles were normal and this Seinfeld episode of chatter in VN tongue is rude and egregious. It's a shame, really. NEVER GOT AN APOLOGY. The child there is wonderful. Stephanie is a bright, articulate child who is brilliant in every way.
Jennie, I am not a nail pro. I don't know what to look for but, when I recognize a problem, I address it.
As there is not a lot of variety here in TV, I am in search of yet another nail place. You should have comp'd me a nail set, Jennie. You owe me.
Buyer beware. Third time was not a charm.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Where is starlight nails located? The only nail salon I know of in Lake Sumter Landing is Signature nails, between Enterprize car rental and Bravo Pizza.......

Last edited by rosygail; 08-06-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

My wife uses one on RT 301, very close to the Wildwood City Hall, just South of Wonder St.
Hope this helps.

Tags
nails, nail, tips, bubbles, jennie, job, tech, white, normal, back, beds, owe, set, insisted, hours, thumb, burn, times, earlier, hrs, chair, left, issues, time, child

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.