Hair stylist

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Smile Hair stylist

I am looking for a hair stylist that does a good job of cutting and shaping hair. I need a good cut without blow drying or curling irons. I just comb or brush my hair into place, use a little gel on the sides and a gentle volumnizer on top of head. Because of this I need a good hair stylist. If you know of anyone in the area, please let me know. Does not need to be golf cart accessible. I am not interested in The Villages affiliated beauty shops.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Sage

Try Leslie Renee at ******* 352 750-8282. She has consistently given me the best
haircut I have had in the last 20 years - no kidding. Takes her almost an hour to shampoo and cut my short hair - no blow dryer - no product. Takes her time and does a precision cut according to the way your hair grows. Have been going there about 8 months and never disappointed. $28 shampoo and cut. Worth every penny. Tell her Pru sent you - she just had a darling little boy last November.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baci514 View Post
I am looking for a hair stylist that does a good job of cutting and shaping hair. I need a good cut without blow drying or curling irons. I just comb or brush my hair into place, use a little gel on the sides and a gentle volumnizer on top of head. Because of this I need a good hair stylist. If you know of anyone in the area, please let me know. Does not need to be golf cart accessible. I am not interested in The Villages affiliated beauty shops.
Ashley at Walmart on 441- excellent stylist who listens and you can't beat $15.50 (includes wash)!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Try Nikki at Designing You - It is a small shop near 466 and 441 - she is only $20 for a wash/cut (no blow dry), and does great highlights! She is a best-kept secret. I have semi-curly hair and like you, do nothing but scrunch after washing - she is very good . You can tell her Maureen sent you. Good luck! Her number is 352-277-7266.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I use Erica at ******* - located in Rolling Acres - next to 5 Guys Hamburgers. Several of my neighbors use some of the other stylists there and are also very happy with them.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Ashley at Walmart on 441- excellent stylist who listens and you can't beat $15.50 (includes wash)!
Need to clarify that she is Ashley C. or a.k.a. "The Princess" - she gives a very nice haircut.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Default Hair Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Try Leslie Renee at ******* 352 750-8282. She has consistently given me the best
haircut I have had in the last 20 years - no kidding. Takes her almost an hour to shampoo and cut my short hair - no blow dryer - no product. Takes her time and does a precision cut according to the way your hair grows. Have been going there about 8 months and never disappointed. $28 shampoo and cut. Worth every penny. Tell her Pru sent you - she just had a darling little boy last November.
Would you recommend Leslie for blow drying and product? My hair has to have both. Have not been able to find anyone here that can give a good cut and do color. I'm desperate! Thanks.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithreeputtoo View Post
Would you recommend Leslie for blow drying and product? My hair has to have both. Have not been able to find anyone here that can give a good cut and do color. I'm desperate! Thanks.
I can't recommend her for blow drying and product 'cause when is done with my cut it doesn't need it; however, she is truly a master and have to believe she will do just fine with whatever you need. She is the first stylist in my 60 some years that actually cuts my hair according to the way it grows and what it wants to do. She works with that rather than what she "does on everyone else".
Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

I love Betty at Cals in Colony Square shopping center. She cut hair for years and years, moved to the villages and now works for Cals. Since it is a barber shop they are used to cuts that don't involve a lot of fuss. Several of my friends from Ohio have had their hair cut by Betty when they have been to The Villages to visit and some of them work cuts around their visits to Florida just to have her "do" them. Very reasonable. Just ask for a golf cart friendly "do" and she will fix you up. Plus, her cuts last a long time as hair stays even and has style while growing out.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM

I am looking for someone that does a good job with short very fine hair. I need a cut that makes it look fuller. We just moved here and I was sad to leave my stylist who was the only one that I could find that did a good job with baby fine, flat hair.
Does anyone know of a stylist that can do a good cut for that type of hair?
Thanks so much!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
I am looking for someone that does a good job with short very fine hair. I need a cut that makes it look fuller. We just moved here and I was sad to leave my stylist who was the only one that I could find that did a good job with baby fine, flat hair.
Does anyone know of a stylist that can do a good cut for that type of hair?
Thanks so much!
I'm from Mich too, with very thin baby fine hair. Just made an appointment with Betty at Cal's on Wed. I will let you know how it goes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.