manicure/pedicure for men?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default manicure/pedicure for men?

Hello, where do men go to get a manicure and/or pedicure? I'd love for my husband to have his first one some place that men go.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

Don't any men have their nails done?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:32 AM

Tuscany Day Spa on Canal Street in LSL has a fairly sizable male clientèle. They provide hair styling, manicures and pedicures in comfortable settings.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 AM

As evidenced by the lack of responses, generally speaking: nope, nada, no way, nuh-uh, get away from me!

For whatever reason, generally speaking, it is far outside most guys comfort zone to let someone else hold his hands and feet and/or touch his fingers and toes. You ladies have done the nail polish thing solo and in groups since childhood, so you're used to that. Guys, not so much.

Your desire to treat your hubby to such pampering is truly cool and very considerate- it really is! But are you sure that he is open to that?

I ask that because on most guy's "things-we-like-to-do meter", manicures rank even lower than having to sit through a "chick flick". Why is that? Because a guy can always tune out the movie and mentally drift off to thoughts of doing something else.

And pedicures rank waaaay lower than manicures.

All is not lost though! There are some "cures" other than mani- and pedi- that interest guys...curing concrete; curing ham; curing the yips in his putting stroke....
Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage

I've occasionally seen men at Hollywood Nails on CR 466 in front of the "new" Walmart.

I haven't yet been able to talk Fireboy into getting a pedicure. Heck, he is entitled to free massages as part of his Firefighter Medical Plan, and he doesn't take advantage of that (I do). Men are so strange. I just don't get it. I think that if more men realized how great it feels to get a pedicure, they'd lose the "manly distaste" and enjoy the pampering.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
Don't any men have their nails done?
Well sure we do. Most use the pocket knife our dads bought us many years ago. To tell you the truth, I don't know what I'd do if my GaPeach offered to send me to get a manicure or pedicure. Why, heck, I'm just now getting used to those thong things she got me!!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Veteran member

Thank you all for your comical and serious responses. I bought a kit and I'm going to give him a pedicure at home. You guys make me smile...thank you!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 PM

Not all men are afraid of having their nails done. I spend a lot of time in China
and they treat massages as family outings. They have large Spa's that have
areas for foot masages and seperate rooms that have up to 4 table's.
You may get nails done while you are having a foot massage.
A one hour foot massage,one hour full body plus nails for about $45 US.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.