PETITION Allow Tattoo and Permanent Makeup Shops to Open

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 05-28-2020, 12:57 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default PETITION Allow Tattoo and Permanent Makeup Shops to Open

PLEASE HELP US BY SIGNING THIS PETITION! We at Absolutely You care about our customers and we are confident in our ability to keep you safe at our shop. We are under Health Department oversight. Tattooing and permanent makeup facilities are better equipped to deal with sanitary issue than almost any of the other "non-essential" businesses allowed to reopen already. We have been required to use hospital grade antiseptics and disinfectants that stand up to infectious disease as standard practice. We service a small volume of people (most often one on one). Some of the strict health and sanitation procedures with which we have always been required work, as well as our regulations for public safety are common knowledge. Among Permanent Makeup especially, facemasks have already been a standard. Our brains have been wired to keep public health in mind. Yet, we are still waiting for the greenlight to return to work. It is a shared belief among many in our profession that we are being overlooked and we would really appreciate your help! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We are all in this together!

Petition * Re-open tattoo & piercing shops in Florida * Change.org
Old 05-28-2020, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Of Absolutely You View Post
PLEASE HELP US BY SIGNING THIS PETITION! We at Absolutely You care about our customers and we are confident in our ability to keep you safe at our shop. We are under Health Department oversight. Tattooing and permanent makeup facilities are better equipped to deal with sanitary issue than almost any of the other "non-essential" businesses allowed to reopen already. We have been required to use hospital grade antiseptics and disinfectants that stand up to infectious disease as standard practice. We service a small volume of people (most often one on one). Some of the strict health and sanitation procedures with which we have always been required work, as well as our regulations for public safety are common knowledge. Among Permanent Makeup especially, facemasks have already been a standard. Our brains have been wired to keep public health in mind. Yet, we are still waiting for the greenlight to return to work. It is a shared belief among many in our profession that we are being overlooked and we would really appreciate your help! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We are all in this together!

Petition * Re-open tattoo & piercing shops in Florida * Change.org
Even though I don't have a tattoo and no plans to get one I signed because you should be allowed to earn a living.

Good luck.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:28 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,375 Times in 465 Posts

Submitted and signed.
Steve
Old 05-28-2020, 10:20 PM

I signed .. you have the absolute right to spread COVID just like any other business. Good luck to you and many happy returns.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
NOT in The VILLAGES !!!!
No offense Tommy, but just because it’s not in the Villages you can’t support it. People need to open their business up again. They have rents to pay (business and home) mouths to feed, etc. As the poster states, that type of business has strict sanitizing codes to follow covid or not. We can’t stay closed and at home until there is a vaccine. By the way, I don’t have a tattoo, never did never will. Told the same
to my kids growing up and they don’t either. No offense to the original poster. Live and let live! God willing, we will be back to what will be the new “normal” soon.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:36 AM

Tried to sign be keep getting server errors.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:04 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

I personally have conflicting ideals invested in this.

I own Absolutely You Permanent Makeup. We are in operation in both Venice and Inverness Florida. I have no tattoos, nor do I want one. I do ladies' eyebrows and eyeliner with a tattoo method that restores their natural look. Our office is set up as a doctor's office would be. Each morning involves an hour of cleaning before I see my first appointment. We are under strict observation of the health department and our office is inspected every day to be ready for a surprise health department inspection. We are tested periodically on our knowledge OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens standard. We are classified as “other” health practitioners. This is every day regardless of any pandemic. We already have PPE such as masks, gloves, eye protection in our regular office inventory.

We closed our operation on March 24, 2020, with plans to open in 4 to 6 weeks. We had no idea that our governor would make our closing mandatory 8 days after our voluntary closing. We were told we must wait for Phase 2 in the states reopening. Phase 2 ,we were told, would happen when there was a significant drop in coronavirus cases being reported. Next, the governor began allowing most every business to reopen but overlooked letting permanent makeup and tattoo establishments to reopen. This changed the trajectory of the COVID spread to an upward trend in the virus spread because it changed the mindset of many Floridians into thinking that the need for mitigation was no longer important. Now my business is in a state of perpetual shutdown with clue when phase 2 will happen if ever as we await the second peek of virus spread and then….the second wave coming this fall.

Last edited by Martin Of Absolutely You; 05-29-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Tried to sign be keep getting server errors.
Happened to me as well, but doing a search on change.org brought it up.

I signed. If customers choose to go, they should be allowed to do so. Good luck to the OP.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:53 AM

Signed. Although this virus is bad we can’t keep everything closed until there is a vaccine. There may never be one. People just need to take care of themselves and do their best to avoid it. I just read that the virus may be here to stay just like the flu and colds. So we have to learn to live with it.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:15 AM
Default I don’t have a tattoo, piercings or “permanent make up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Even though I don't have a tattoo and no plans to get one I signed because you should be allowed to earn a living.

Good luck.
All are entitled to make a living (Bill of Rights) I do not have ANY of those but OPEN IT UP, you don’t want one, don’t go and stay home, it’s ridiculous that we are suppressing anyone from making an honest living
Old 05-30-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
NOT in The VILLAGES !!!!
What does his location have to do with it? He happens to do very good work at a MUCH better price than anyone in The Villages.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:15 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you for support everyone! It seems the petition is quickly reaching its goal. It is now 2200 and the original poster says 2500 is needed. "Shut the Front Door: "Thank you for the endorsement! But Absolutely You Permanent Makeup is not trying to be the best price, lol, just the best.

Also Note: I have been obeying the stay at home order and my trips to the store (with mask) are very limited.

Last edited by Martin Of Absolutely You; 05-31-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:41 PM

site worked for me, good luck to you!
Old 06-03-2020, 06:04 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

We have just got the word that we can reopen!!! We are planning the reopening Monday, June 8 2020!!! We are very excited. Thank you very much for your help!!! We will talk more in a following thread.

Phase two of reopening will begin in most Florida counties on Friday, Governor DeSantis announces | FOX 35 Orlando

Tags
health, makeup, permanent, standard, required

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.