Salon Academy

Salon Academy

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Salon Academy
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Sage

Default Salon Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I've had good and bad at the Salon Academy. Everything was good for about a year, then I got a girl who really messed up the color. So I followed the last girl that I liked, who had graduated and has her own salon in Clermont. I like her so much that I don't mind driving 30 miles every 6 wks or so.
I had a very similar experience, but found a great young man who I stayed with through his last six months and followed him to his salon just outside TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Gold member

I had a semi bad experience. First of all I was there for 5 hours, had a young man who was very slow and with the teacher checking all the time it took forever. Then before he was finished with the color his "shift" was over so I was passed to someone else. That girl was very nervous and unsure of herself. The end result was the instructor cut one side of my hair and the girl attempted to cut the other side. I just wanted to get out of there at that point. By the way, I have very short hair. I will not go back, 5 hours was way to long to hightlight and cut short hair. Each instructor had about 6 students who they were supervising so I spent alot of time waiting.
On the other hand a fried went there and got a great haircut and color, guess it just depends on luck of the draw.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 06:41 AM

What about perms? Every stylist says no, because they aren't 'in' now. Someone suggested the Academy. Any thoughts about going there for perms?

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Sage

its a 50/50 shot...i just can't take that chance
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 AM

Ugh. Thank you. I have a bob now and would hate to come home with a buzz.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 AM

I took my man Ed there for a hair cut last Saturday and it looks great. Between the stylist and her supervisor, it was cut just as we requested. Didn't mind spending over an hour since we got what we went there for.

I don't know how to act my age....I've never been this age before.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Sage

I won't get a cut there...need a really good stylist to do that with my hair type. BUT I've had color, foils AND pedicures there. I will say with the several pedicures done---I probably only had one person who did a so-so job. Right now the school if offering a 3 for 1 special $30.00 but it's late in the day on certain days. Wondering if anyone has gone for this one!!!!
Closed Thread