Tipping

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

if you can afford $125 to get your hair cut and color then 20% should not be a deal breaker for a good job
Old 06-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Default Things have changed

I was a licensed beautician - MANY years ago!!! Haircuts with style (rollers, teasing) $15.00, color (including bleaching) was around $30.00.
A tip (if received) was usually $1-$2. I was paid a percentage of the total - no hourly wage. It was a bummer when scheduled to work a 6 hour shift on a 'slow' day/night. It's harder work than some imagine. Standing on your feet with arms raised for hours - ouch! Tip well ladies - it's very much appreciated!!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
I agree. Even if I don't like their service, if they are friendly and try to do a good job, I will tip 20%. I just won't return to them.

We're talking minimum wage earners. In today's economy, people have to pay the same bills we all have to pay. Imagine walking a mile in their shoes. Give 'em a break!
I thin they all make more than minimum wage. Some rent their station and keep all money that they get minus the rent, some pay a percentage to the owner. I think they all make a lot more than minimum wage. Now this is only my opinion.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.