48 hour blinds..Can I get a refund please?

48 hour blinds..Can I get a refund please?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage

Gracie, I like Rick but I just can't keep waiting.
I hope folks keep buying blinds, but I can't say ordering shutters is something that went well. I hope not to destroy business for 48 as so many are totally getting what they need and asap.
I'm complaining of not able to contact 48 in person or directly by phone, not happy with delay, and no initiative from 48 to let me know status of an 87 day old order.

I posted because where else could I get service?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage

Earth to 48 Blinds! Earth to 48 Blinds! Please call Kitty!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Sage

hahaha. yeah, thanks Doug.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 PM

His sister in law, Cindy, has been answering the phone recently. Did you pm him from TOTV? While you shouldn't have to track him down, this might be an alternate way.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie101 View Post
His sister in law, Cindy, has been answering the phone recently. Did you pm him from TOTV? While you shouldn't have to track him down, this might be an alternate way.
Rick, all these great friends on TOTV are helping me find you.
I hope you will give me a refund whenever you get back in touch with what is going on with your blind company.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 PM

I've now been waiting 20 months for them to call me back after numerous messages and visits. Ugh. Bad business.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:49 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Gracie, I like Rick but I just can't keep waiting.
I hope folks keep buying blinds, but I can't say ordering shutters is something that went well. I hope not to destroy business for 48 as so many are totally getting what they need and asap.
I'm complaining of not able to contact 48 in person or directly by phone, not happy with delay, and no initiative from 48 to let me know status of an 87 day old order.

I posted because where else could I get service?
i am sorry you had to go on here and bad mouth me.. but you were the one that ordered the white shutters.I took the order .then my installers came to put them in . that is when you had a change of color.. and I reordered them . and you will get your shutters . and to mallory email me your phone # PLEASE. thanks rick
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48 Hour Blinds View Post
i am sorry you had to go on here and bad mouth me.. but you were the one that ordered the white shutters.I took the order .then my installers came to put them in . that is when you had a change of color.. and I reordered them . and you will get your shutters . and to mallory email me your phone # PLEASE. thanks rick
What does "and to mallory" mean?
Rick, you are either mistaken about the white shutters or you are saying that I am untruthful.
When you came in my house, you said to me, "You wouldn't want white in here"...

The following are ivory colored in my house:
walls, baseboards, doors, light covers, outlets, closet doors, toilets, ceilings.
There is nothing white inside or outside my house.

The wrongly delivered shutters were "bright white" and the one blind that that went in the garage was the correct color.
I suggest it is very bad for your business to blame errors on the customer.

The only paperwork you gave me to confirm the order says:
"Install 7 shutters
1-2 Blind
an arch
Rick Herbert"

I would like a refund of my deposit without delay. You should have my phone number.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Sage

Wow. I can't help but speak. Rick does seem to do a really great job for most but there always has been continual complaint on here that he isn't always good about getting back to people. That is an indisputable fact.

I don't know either of these people personally so don't have a dog in this fight but given the detail and background that KG presents, given her significant follow through on various projects or activities that are posted on TOTV, she isn't the type of person who would make a huge mistake like ordering the wrong color blinds. In fact, one of the blinds arrived in the correct color, so what's the argument? For sure she didn't order one blind for one room in one color and all the rest in a different?

To be angry that someone went on TOTV to voice dissatisfaction after:
1) getting the wrong blinds
2) repeatedly trying to communicate personally with no response
3) being told the blinds were there for a second go at it and it too was a mistake
and complain they are bad mouthing your company is absurd.

Good business sense would say to either
1) Get those blinds in this week or
2) give the client back her deposit and move on to the your other customers.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Sage

shcisamax, I could see that shutters were the wrong color with them in the package leaning against the wall. Fortunately I caught the mistake before they took them out of the packages. thanks for a sensible post.
I didn't fuss about the messed up order and waited patiently for the reordered blinds for almost two months, but being unable to communicate directly in this situation is unacceptable.
K.
Closed Thread