48 hour blinds..Can I get a refund please?

48 hour blinds..Can I get a refund please?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
what do you mean, just tell the credit card company to take the money back?
Kitty, there is a possibility that it has been too long since the charge to dispute it, but you can check...and it costs a lot more than $5.00 to sue...up to $300.00 plus costs depending on the amount of damages claimed. You also need to know how to properly prepare the claim or it could be dismissed or denied

Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Sage

There is at least 6 -12 months to dispute a charge, especially when the merchant causes delays.

As far as Court, you're talking I think about a real lawsuit, I'm talking small claims, fill out a form simple stuff.

Usually $5

In any event the dispute is the easiest, cost is $0
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
There is at least 6 -12 months to dispute a charge, especially when the merchant causes delays.

As far as Court, you're talking I think about a real lawsuit, I'm talking small claims, fill out a form simple stuff.

Usually $5

In any event the dispute is the easiest, cost is $0
Dear friend Bob, I must beg to differ with you on this one so that people have the correct info. I have experience dealing with the Florida Court system as a paralegal and I have a year of law school. If you check the Sumter County Court website, they clearly state the fees. Kitty's claim would be over $2,500 I am sure, so the fee would be $300.00 plus any costs she incurs. Even a claim under $100.00 is $55.00. The Florida Courts have raised the fees over the years to discourage litigation. Further, most credit companies only allow 60 days to dispute a charge, some 90 days, but most 60 days as required by law. I believe Kitty has passed this mark, but I welcome her to check with her credit card company. And one last warning from someone who knows. In the event 48 hour blinds chose to hire an attorney and they decide to record a lien agaist her home for payment of the blinds, if they prevailed instead of Kitty, they could actually get a court order to force her to pay their attorney's fees and costs...and Boy oh Boy, the attorney's love that because they can pad their fees tremendously and threaten to forclose on Kitty's home if she refuses to pay. It seems crazy, but it is exactly why contractors have a lot of leverage. I think she needs to calm down and think this out for a little before overreacting or disparaging the company to the point where he feels she may be intentionally harming him unjustly. I have seen it happen many, many times...trust me.
Closed Thread