48 HR Blinds

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Original Topic
TOTV SPONSOR
Default 48 HR Blinds

48 HR BLINDS
(The Pink House)

48 HR Blinds is a family business for over 30 years and specializes in Custom Blinds, Verticals, 2" Faux Wood, Shutters and Sun Shades!

We take care of all your needs with the best quality at the best prices!!

FREE Estimates and Consults
FREE Delivery
FREE Installation
FREE Valances
FREE Service Calls

Call us today at 352-314-2212

OR

Please visit us on our website
http://48hrblinds.com

Last edited by Ad poster; 09-30-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Smile 48 blinds

Had a problem with blinds due to painted. Owner came right out and repaired and stood by his product. Would always recommend this company!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

He installed our shutters on time, returned phone calls and did everthing as promised. Severval people have seen our shutters and are using 48Hr Blinds.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Sage

I used 48 hour blinds and would use them again. They returned every phone call. I don't think they are losing any footing as they are all over the villages putting in blinds.

One of out neighbors used another company, paid more and their shutters are splitting. To be honest, I don't know how that company will stand behind the product as they haven't called it in yet.

You may be right that they can't take your job. It appears they are very busy and just can't take them all.

We had a contractor that we thought we had an appointment with st 9 in the morning. When he didn't show up, we called him and he said he thought the appointment was for one but wouldn't be here until four We cancelled the appointment and hired someone else. I wouldn't come on here and diss him because of a misunderstanding with time.

I would certainly talk to the people who used 48 Hour Blinds. I for one would hire him again.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 PM

We had a great experience with Rick and 48 Hour Blinds after we closed on our home back in 2010. He is reliable, personable and a pleasure to deal with. Our plantation shutters took a little longer than the blinds and he put up temporary paper shades for us. He advised us on color and style and we love our plantation shutters, verticals at the sliding doors and the faux wood blinds we used in a couple of places. I would highly recommend Rick and 48 Hour Blinds.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM

I just had plantation shutters put in by 48 Hr. Blind. They did an excellent job
and his workers very professional and cleaned up. Rick is a wonderful person.
He made sure I liked the finished job and took me to see someone's house already done so I could see the quality and how the shutters would work and
look. I would highly recommend 48 Hr. Blind and Rick. He does answer his phone calls. I never had a problem. Great job done. He is a very caring person and wants to make sure you are happy with his work.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM

We were moving back to the US after living outside the country for five years and we needed to have blinds installed between our closing (done via FEDEX) and our arrival, 3 weeks later. Rick took care of everything for us and it was such a relief to have it done when we arrived. We had so many other things to worry about, but the blinds were installed and looked great. Thanks again, Rick.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Gold member

Highly recommend 48 Hour Blinds, great service and product! You did a great job with our Whispering Pine in Bonita!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 AM

if you want to see that sunland is not an american shutter just go to SUNLAND SHUTTERS and look at the bottom of the home page.. not fro mme just look for yourself.. also aluminum is a great conductor of heat and cold so keep that in mind when purchasing.. otherwise they are a good quality built shutter
Old 07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Sage

Birdie John.
Every single one of your posts are about blinds or shutters. Every one.

We think Rick at 48 hour blinds is a responsible person who installs a good product.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Sage

We too had this company install our blinds. We purchased our house, then left for up-north but thought we should have blinds to keep the sun out of the house while we were gone. So called them long-distance, 48-Hours got the key from The Villages office and installed the blinds, then sent us the bill. When we moved here the work was done, the blinds were closed as we requested. Great work!!!

Once we moved in and awhile later, there was a small piece that came off our patio blind so they came in and replaced it---think at no cost. If we had to pay for it, the cost was minimal. We'd definately use them again!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Yeah we used 48 hour blinds and we are sorry we did. Practically every shutter door has to be lifted over the sill in order to close it. Rick couldn't adjust them and finally gave up saying you won't be opening them very often anyway. After I repaired the drywall his helpers wrecked trying to make adjustments I told him not to come back.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Veteran member
Default 48 hr blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by barebones1191 View Post
Yeah we used 48 hour blinds and we are sorry we did. Practically every shutter door has to be lifted over the sill in order to close it. Rick couldn't adjust them and finally gave up saying you won't be opening them very often anyway. After I repaired the drywall his helpers wrecked trying to make adjustments I told him not to come back.
Sorry you had a bad experience with 48 hr Blinds. We have had Plantation Shutters for 7 months now with no complaints. A few of the neighbors have used 48hrs blinds for blinds and shutters with no complaints.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Just to let everybody on Talk of the Villages know, I had the representative from Sunland shutters come to this house and they said they were installed properly. Unfortunately, there was nothing that we were able to do to be pleasing to the homeowner. They also did not live in the Villages and he still owes me $2500.00. To all my customers I thank you for your support. Have a good day and also to clear it up they are cut and assembled in Lakeland Florida. The material like most everything else is today is made in China.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Sage
Default 48 hour

I haven't posted in a very long time and didn't think I would ever post again.... But I have to come in on this one... This is one of the top companies in the villages. If you have a problem they will come it and take care of it. They are family owned and have had a top rated reputation for years. Please read the hundreds of posts on this site to see that this company is loved here.

I understand 48 hour installs blinds for the villages. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be doing that if they were not a good ompany.

I would use them again.

That is all...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.