48 HR Blinds

48 HR Blinds

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Sage

We too had this company install our blinds. We purchased our house, then left for up-north but thought we should have blinds to keep the sun out of the house while we were gone. So called them long-distance, 48-Hours got the key from The Villages office and installed the blinds, then sent us the bill. When we moved here the work was done, the blinds were closed as we requested. Great work!!!

Once we moved in and awhile later, there was a small piece that came off our patio blind so they came in and replaced it---think at no cost. If we had to pay for it, the cost was minimal. We'd definately use them again!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Yeah we used 48 hour blinds and we are sorry we did. Practically every shutter door has to be lifted over the sill in order to close it. Rick couldn't adjust them and finally gave up saying you won't be opening them very often anyway. After I repaired the drywall his helpers wrecked trying to make adjustments I told him not to come back.
Sponsored Links
48 hr blinds
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Default 48 hr blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by barebones1191 View Post
Yeah we used 48 hour blinds and we are sorry we did. Practically every shutter door has to be lifted over the sill in order to close it. Rick couldn't adjust them and finally gave up saying you won't be opening them very often anyway. After I repaired the drywall his helpers wrecked trying to make adjustments I told him not to come back.
Sorry you had a bad experience with 48 hr Blinds. We have had Plantation Shutters for 7 months now with no complaints. A few of the neighbors have used 48hrs blinds for blinds and shutters with no complaints.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Just to let everybody on Talk of the Villages know, I had the representative from Sunland shutters come to this house and they said they were installed properly. Unfortunately, there was nothing that we were able to do to be pleasing to the homeowner. They also did not live in the Villages and he still owes me $2500.00. To all my customers I thank you for your support. Have a good day and also to clear it up they are cut and assembled in Lakeland Florida. The material like most everything else is today is made in China.
48 hour
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Sage

Default 48 hour

I haven't posted in a very long time and didn't think I would ever post again.... But I have to come in on this one... This is one of the top companies in the villages. If you have a problem they will come it and take care of it. They are family owned and have had a top rated reputation for years. Please read the hundreds of posts on this site to see that this company is loved here.

I understand 48 hour installs blinds for the villages. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be doing that if they were not a good ompany.

I would use them again.

That is all...
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Default Best customer service

Called 48 hr Blinds this Sat. morning because I thought the paint was coming off on a couple of the slats on Plantation Shutters. Rick was at my house in less than 1/2 hour. Upon his investigation it was spots of wall paint from the company that painted our walls. Rick cleaned the spots off with a Mr Clean eraser. No Charge for my fault. When I put my glasses on I could see it was wall paint. Thanks Rick!
Blinds & Shutters
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Default Blinds & Shutters

48 Hr Blind helped me out by hanging a 2 shades that I couldn't get others to even look at doing. I called and they came out ASAP. Did a great job and the cost was more than fair.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 AM

What is with this place? I have left two messages with 48 hour blinds and have yet to receive a return call over the past week. I also put my name in the Villages Remodel Center across from Walmart to have them contact me. I was looking to have blinds installed in my house and can't even talk to them. I can understand if you might be busy but at least return your phone calls.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
What is with this place? I have left two messages with 48 hour blinds and have yet to receive a return call over the past week. I also put my name in the Villages Remodel Center across from Walmart to have them contact me. I was looking to have blinds installed in my house and can't even talk to them. I can understand if you might be busy but at least return your phone calls.
It is just Rick and two assistants and Rick's wife and apparently from reading this forum over time, they do such a good job that sometimes they can't even answer their phones.

In my estimation, Rick is one of the most ethical contractors we have met and used since we moved here.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold member

We are meeting with Rick in a couple of weeks. Called him and he just happened to answer. This is one busy guy with a superior product. Just keep trying.....