I see that 48 hour blinds is advertising on here!

I see that 48 hour blinds is advertising on here!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
Sorry....I just saw your question now, Angie.

Rick from 48-Hour Blinds actually dissuaded me from putting plantation shutters on my sliding glass doors. I am fortunate enough to have a beautiful view and he said it would take away from the view. I'm sure he would have made more $$$ if I had plantation shutters on the sliders but I so appreciated his honesty. I am not wild about verticals....but he did install them in such a way as to not take away anything from the view.

Once again, sorry I didn't answer your question earlier. I missed seeing it.
Did you get the white verticals or wood? Did Rick make a suggestion?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Did you get the white verticals or wood? Did Rick make a suggestion?
I have white verticals on the sliders.....maybe a little off-white to match the walls. I have wood plantation shutters up north.......and I am happy with them.....but Rick also recommended that I not go with wood plantation shutters in my home down south....due to the heat. I appreciated his candor.

Good luck! The whole house building thing is fun......and a bit stressful at times.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
We are using 48hr blinds when our house is done in Dec. He uses shutters made in Lakeland Fl. They are able to make the shutters we need for the large windows in 2 panels instead of 4 panels the China made required. His prices were slightly less than others but did not bad mouth the competition. Like they are made in USA
sorry to burst your bubble oldcrabs but, your shutters were only assembled in lakeland. sunland shutters is owned and operated by tai chan intl. a company based in taiwan and where the product is made too. go online and see for yourself.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_john View Post
sorry to burst your bubble oldcrabs but, your shutters were only assembled in lakeland. sunland shutters is owned and operated by tai chan intl. a company based in taiwan and where the product is made too. go online and see for yourself.

Hmmmm.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Veteran member

Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Thumbs up Sunland Shutters

I did go to the Sunland website and I was very impressed. Rick from 48-Hours never said that the shutters were MADE in Lakeland. He said he had to go to Lakeland to pick up the shutters for my home.

I have plantation shutters in my home up north. On the Sunland website, I noticed that Sunland Shutters use the same Window Decor Distributors as where my wood shutters came from (up north). This Window Decor Distributorship can only be used by decorators....because the decorators want quality. Sounds like Sunland shutters are quality!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_john View Post
So give us a company that is 100% made in the USA and someone in TV that installs. ( I do not want wood that I will need to paint)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I did go to the Sunland website and I was very impressed. Rick from 48-Hours never said that the shutters were MADE in Lakeland. He said he had to go to Lakeland to pick up the shutters for my home.

I have plantation shutters in my home up north. On the Sunland website, I noticed that Sunland Shutters use the same Window Decor Distributors as where my wood shutters came from (up north). This Window Decor Distributorship can only be used by decorators....because the decorators want quality. Sounds like Sunland shutters are quality!
look at the bottom of the website and notice the owner's name,tai chen international. not saying they are a bad shutter just not made in the USA like stated. don't believe everything that's told to you. ask for yourself.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 AM

I agree Rick and his crew are the best!! Just had Plantation shutters installed by him and we are very happy, on time best price and great quality. What more can you ask for?
Another up vote for Rick and his crew
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM

Default Another up vote for Rick and his crew

Used 48 hr blinds several times always satisfied. Rick talked us out of plantation shutters as they would have cut off much of the light. Instead Rick installed less expensive vertical blinds with good results.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:53 PM

Default 48 hour FABULOUS

We closed on Monday 1-23-12. We had met with Rick earlier. It was important to us to have the plantation shutters installed on Monday afternoon. We walked out of the closing and called Rick. His crew and family was there to install the plantation shutters that Rick suggested within 30 minutes as arranged. He suggested plantation shutters for most windows and verticals for our sliders. THEY are fabulous. Rick's crew is EXTREMELY professional and quick in the installation. We could not be more pleased with the price and the installation and the service we got. If you don't have Rick come in and do your windows you are missing the boat. The color is perfect and it looks like the house was built with the plantaion shutters. Rick - Angie and I thank you and your wife and team for the EXCELLENT job performance.

Last edited by Oren L Miller; 01-28-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: corrected date
Closed Thread