My new plantation shutters

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
We got the Norman brand of plantation shutters from Blinds Plus Shutters. They will bring samples. I don't show if any of these vendors has an actual showroom, but, if so, you may be able to see more examples. The Norman shutter is smooth and has a low sheen. The thickness of the slats and the panels look like painted wood, but there are no brushstrokes or wood grain patterns that show through. The moldings are similar in smoothness to your baseboard and door moldings in your home.

I personally would not worry about losing light as they are very good at keeping light out and very adjustable to let light in. We even got the option where the top slats are adjustable separately from the bottom slats, so I frequently just open the top to let light in and this allow privacy at the bottom.

Thank you, Waverunner,

I don't know what I was thinking. But the look you describe is exactly what I want.

The house we bought already had plantation shutters for the front windows. I just took a closer look at those and the slats are like yours. I like them. I also like the bottom/top separate adjustment you describe. My front shutters do not have that. But that works OK there because there is an arch above that lets in light.

I have been staring at those windows on either side of the television since we moved in and now, because of the nice answers in this thread, I finally know what to do.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default We love ours also

Plantation shutter throughout house installed by previous owner and we are so grateful!.dining-room-jpg

drapes-m-bdrm-jpg

l-room-view-cyard-jpg
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.