Plantation shutters

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Default Plantation shutters

Hi everyone. I am interested in getting plantation shutters for my windows. I welcome all recommendations for contractors who make and install them. Also, I would appreciate pros and cons on shutters from residents who have them as their window treatments. Thank you in advance. KB
Old 11-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Sage

We have plantation shutters on every window in our home. Very pleased and they are now 3.5 years old. They are a vinyl covered aluminum so they will not rot or warp. Easy to clean with water. Bought them from 48 hour blinds. Very happy, wonderful service.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:00 PM

Check out Blinds for less, Village residents, and in my opinion a nicer product than what 48 hour sells. I have had both and would only use Blinds for less from here on out. FWIW
Old 11-09-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We have plantation shutters on every window in our home. Very pleased and they are now 3.5 years old. They are a vinyl covered aluminum so they will not rot or warp. Easy to clean with water. Bought them from 48 hour blinds. Very happy, wonderful service.
I second that. 48 Hour Blind just did mine very happy with quality, installation and service.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake5798 View Post
Check out Blinds for less, Village residents, and in my opinion a nicer product than what 48 hour sells. I have had both and would only use Blinds for less from here on out. FWIW

I have a couple of neighbors that used Blinds 4 Less and they were not happy. They said Brenda was very nice to work with but the husband was difficult The install did not go well and several of the frames had to be reordered.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkh View Post
I second that. 48 Hour Blind just did mine very happy with quality, installation and service.
I'll third that! And they're made in the US--Florida. We love ours and just ordered one for the sliding door to replace a vertical blind. They are very well made and installation was professional with no dust left behind. You can find cheaper ones, but 48 Hr is the best IMO.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

We used Joys Blinds and mixed Plantations with other types of blinds depending on the room look we wanted. Very satisfied but, like almost all companies, they don't manufacture or design the products they sell and install.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
shutters, plantation, residents, pros, cons, advance, kbpepper2, window, treatments, recommendations, windows, interested, contractors, install, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.